Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
This position is responsible for performing field inspections at existing job sites to ensure compliance with installation standards, per NFPA 80 and
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
· Perform inspections on door assemblies and wall conditions to ensure compliance with installation standards
· Record the details of assemblies and wall conditions
· Provide labels for door and frame components that meet requirements
· Document corrective actions to assemblies
· Obtain signature on Certificate of Acceptance form when inspection is completed (an Intertek Form)
· Issue report summarizing the results of the inspection
· Perform other work as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree in technical field, or equivalent
- 1-4 years related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of building codes
- Knowledge of door and frame installation
- Knowledge of NFPA 80 and its application
- Ability to travel 100%
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website