Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
- This position is responsible for independently performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and other International product safety standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients.
- This position is also responsible for providing local expertise in one or more product categories and mentoring and training less senior technical personnel.
Examples of Work:
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
Independently, conduct on and off-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s). The Sr. Project Engineer is responsible for more complex projects. To do this, Sr. Project Engineer must:
Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test)
Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions
Validate the project scope and sample applicability
Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing
Create and follow established test plan
Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed
Conduct thorough construction review; document results
Perform testing of products in accordance with standards. Core tests include, but are not limited to: power input rating, leakage current, dielectric, temperature, pressure, stability, mechanical hazard, flammability, abnormal and fault insurance, transformer deconstruction, ingress protection (liquid), radiation, sound, and laser.
- Train and mentor less senior technical staff.
- Provide local technical expertise and maintain reviewer status in one or more product categories.
- Proactively develop and communicate test procedures, new test fixtures and report shells for local office.
- Investigate technical complaints for the local office and support accreditations efforts by performing technical audits locally
- Demonstrate enough product and/or standards knowledge to be considered an expert in multiple product categories for the local office
- Provide quotations for a large array of standards and complex projects and products.
- Actively represent Intertek by participating on standards/industry committees and/or associations.
- Perform preliminary design reviews (PDR) both on and off site.
- Perform field labeling jobs.
- Follow sample handling procedures, ensuring that sample is logged in and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Properly package sample for shipment.
- Provide complex sales support such as giving presentations during client visits.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Perform other work as required
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years directly related experience; prefer prior project management experience
- Demonstrated experience with U.S., Canadian, and other International product safety standards, i.e., ANSI, CSA, UL, EN, IEC is preferred
- Required experience with reading, interpreting, and executing testing to 60601 and 80601 series of standards
- Experience with 60950, 61010, or 62368 series of standards preferred.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website