Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
Set-up and break-down test apparatus and samples for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing
General equipment maintenance
Obtain and record test data in accordance with standards
Analyze test data and perform routing calculations
Communicate information with staff and management (turn-around time, test progress, and project status, etc.)
Perform work both on-site and at client locations
- prepare technical reports
- extract and compile engineering data
- prepare project files for compliance with operating procedures
- make recommendations regarding technical decisions relating to the interpretation and applicability of test standards
- communicate project information with clients
- provide training, instructions and oversight to junior-level technicians
- provide support to sales and other departments, as required
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree and/or vocation program in engineering or electrical technologies preferred
- 2 years of directly related EMC testing experience required
- Electrical and mechanical background
- Ability to utilize basic shop equipment and hand tools
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Team player
- Ability to collect data, establish facts and recognize problems
- Ability to effectively review, understand, and convey technical information
- Ability to follow, comprehend and interpret instructions and standards, with only occasional or no variables
- Ability to make sound technical decisions under supervision
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Good computer skills, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work varied and extended hours/days, as business dictates
- Ability to work OT when needed
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Off-site jobs are generally at clients within New England area, typically commutable within the same day
- Some overnight travel
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website