Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The transportation technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team's services cover all aspects of clients' needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
The Electronics Technician troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs electronic systems and specialized equipment to include analog and digital components and systems. Designs and fabricates electronic systems tailored to specific research applications. Performs duties of Electronic Technician I; may train and supervise lower level technicians. Participates in and supports Continuous Improvement and safety programs.
- Performs technical surveys to support engineering decisions.
- As necessary, modifies drawings created by electrical engineering.
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex system malfunctions from system to component level.
- Maintains and troubleshoots computer systems and computer Networks to board level.
- Participates in specialized training as required to gain working knowledge of systems, computers and other equipment.
- Leads installation crews in system installations.
- Evaluates and adds/deletes equipment from company spare parts inventory to support scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Calibration duties as assigned.
- Designs and documents electronic system and circuits.
- Team leader.
- Strong background in the use of Quality to reduce cost and improve value.
- Responsible for complying with departmental ISO procedures.
- Carries out other related assignments as required by supervisor.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED plus 2 years of technical school courses in electronics or Instrumentation; Associates degree in electronics or instrumentation preferred. Additional training on installation and maintenance of computer and computer data acquisition/control systems is preferred.
- 2 years of general electronics experience. Board-level experience with microprocessors, memory I/O and logic.
- Personal computer familiarity (both operation and maintenance) and knowledge of computer programming languages and CAD desired.
- Must be willing to attend (company paid) equipment configuration and maintenance courses up to three weeks in length at locations in or out of San Antonio.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with occasional unscheduled overtime and on-call duty including some weekends.
- Periodic exposure to heat and fumes. Occasionally will work in limited crawl space or close quarters. Requires use of ear plugs, safety shoes and glasses.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website