Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek's Electrical business line applies more than 100 years of product testing expertise to quickly and efficiently help clients meet safety, performance, environmental and quality requirements for every market they wish to enter. Our business spans a wide range of industries such as Medical, Lighting, Renewable Energy, HVACR, Appliances & Electronics, Hazardous Locations, Industrial Equipment, Life Safety & Security, and IT and Telecom. Our global network of laboratories employ world-class experts in their fields who deliver quality, accurate testing and certification that continually exceeds our clients' expectations and helps to clear a path for their product's success.
The Inspector will support the Electrical Product Certification business by performing inspections at existing job sites to ensure compliance with installation standards, per individual component specifications based on testing and evaluations conducted by Intertek.
This Full Time position is responsible for performing inspections at manufacturing facilities to ensure that products are being manufactured in accordance with established standards.
This position offers candidates a flexible work schedule & the ability to work from home.
Duties: Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Planning and conducting surveillance inspections in accordance with scheduling requirements.
- Document manufacturer's production and quality processes; review required production tests, including methods, equipment used and calibration of equipment.
- Inspect ETL Listed products, subassemblies and components with respect to the Certification Documents; review ETL label inventory and control; review non-compliances issued as a result of previous inspections and document unresolved issues; select samples as directed.
- Document compliance and non-compliance found during the inspection, and advise clients on proper resolution.
- Complete and submit Follow-up Service Inspection Report for each client inspected.
- Communicate information between facility representatives and Intertek personnel.
- Maintain expenses within given guidelines.
- Perform other work as required.
- Perform inspections to ensure compliance
- Record the details
- Document corrective actions to assemblies
- Issue reports to office detailing results of inspections
- Keep all information confidential to each client
- High School Diploma or GED and 10 years directly related experience; Associates Degree in related area and 5 years directly related experience; or Bachelor's Degree in related area and 1 year directly related experience.
- Experience in electronic/electrical testing or quality/reliability testing, engineering, electrical inspection, manufacturing or quality control is required
- Familiarity with the “National Electric Code” and/or product compliance requirements to nationally recognized safety standards is a plus.
- Knowledge of Quality Control methods (ISO 9000/14000, QS 9000, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen & Statistical Process Control) a plus.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have access to the internet.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to read small print with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to drive for prolonged periods of time during the daytime and evening hours
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website