PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Driller - Construction to join our Building and Construction team in Cleveland, OH.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs various drilling activities to obtain boring samples. Examples include: soil drilling, rock coring, sampling, classifications, in-situ testing, and monitoring well installation
- Investigates sub surface conditions
- Recognizes and identifies soil and rock types and material classifications
- Operates drilling equipment at shallow to moderate depths
- Identifies and locates utilities and other site safety concerns
- Responsible for drill rig transportation
- Trains and directs Drilling Assistants
- Communicates with Project teams
- Maintains record log of drilling activities
- Directs site inquiries from general public to the project team
- Identifies and coordinates daily work schedules at job site
- Loads and unload augers
- Prepares tooling and supplies for the day's tasks
- Assembles and disassembles augers
- Assists with the location of boring locations
- Retrieves and log samples
- Cleans and maintains equipment
- Performs site clean up
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
- H.S. Education or Equivalent, preferred
- 2-8 years of experience preferred
- May require state or local drilling license
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Requires basic math skills
- Ability to receive work instructions and follow tasks
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
- Travel up to 50%
- Must have a Valid Driver's License. CDL preferred
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull up to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website