Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
EWA-Canada, An Intertek Company, is comprised of a group of people whose collective knowledge of all aspects of cyber security is widely recognized as world-class. With over 30 years' experience, we have a client base in 20 countries around the globe. Our success is based on the significant expertise of our team and their use of a structured and vendor-neutral approach to IT security evaluation and information assurance services. Located in Ottawa, we offer attractive compensation and benefits packages and an excellent work environment.
- We are seeking an experienced, knowledgeable and motivated person with a strong interest in overseeing a team of highly skilled cybersecurity analysts.
- The team is tasked with analyzing and testing telecommunications equipment and services against cyber threats.
- In coordination with a technical manager, responsible for project planning, the management of lab team members, ensuring technical competence, and quality.
- Report and represent project developments to program stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring and demonstrating that program security review objectives are met
- Be responsible for the production and delivery of program reports
- Monitor and assess impacts of program changes
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of local and remote laboratory facilities
- Ensure protection of intellectual property and data integrity within the lab
- Coordinating and hosting project updates with the various stakeholders
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in an IT, computer science or engineering related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of experience in cyber security with 3 years of experience in project management
- Excellent English writing skills
- Good English oral communication skills, ability to articulate requirements in technical and non-technical terms to customers, peers and management
- Knowledge of computer programming or engineering or equivalent job experience
- Familiarity with cybersecurity principles, testing techniques, standards and guidelines
- Must be able and willing to work occasional overtime
- The successful candidate will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for Top Secret clearance in Canada.
- Must be a good team player
- Knowledge of wireless technologies such as WCDMA, LTE, and 5G.
- Familiarity with security testing tools
- Technical knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows/Linux), Networking, and Web technologies
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, BASH, or PowerShell is a plus
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefits package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website