Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek/Caleb Brett is looking for an Operations Coordinator to join our team in Signal Hill, CA.
This Caleb Brett team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world's petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
The Operations Coordinator will support the Caleb Brett business by communicating with our internal and external clients ensuring that we deliver our services accurately. We're looking for someone with a strong work ethic, business acumen, excellent customer service, dependable & reliable, organized, and can set priorities.
- According to the business protocol of each location, act as single point of contact for designated clients for all instructions.
- On receipt of a request for services, regardless of how the request is received, to record the details of the nominations of a Job Order or equivalent, to enter each job into a record kept for the purpose, and to record a unique identifier. To review client instructions and identify potential problems regarding operations, conflict of interest, ethics or compliance, and to alert relevant parties in order to seek solutions.
- To act as decision maker and problem solver on any issues involving a specific customer's job nomination or job assignment in that particular branch office, area, or region.
- To be familiar with the nominating company's Intertek Caleb Brett (ICB) agreement, to communicate with the clients to obtain detailed instructions and to verify the client's needs, and to coordinate further communications between clients and ICB personnel who will be handling the work.
- To be the local contact in interpreting any issues involving administration of the contract. Additionally, to advise the Corporate Contract Administrator at Houston Headquarters of any contractual issues.
- To maintain the flow of Communication between the responsible parties involved in job assignments; to organize their requested services; to relay available information concerning the hazards and other properties of the product dealt with, and to manage communication among all parties to resolve problems in a responsive manner.
- To collect the information provided by Inspectors, to communicate with the laboratory regarding analysis performed, and to assemble a final report ready for publishing.
- As part of the overall account management, to manage account receivable balances and to maintain complete and accurate records on closed jobs for purposes of billing, volume reconciliation, and claims handling.
- To maintain a working geographic awareness of ICB's locations and capabilities.
- To access the necessary personnel and services to complete the assignment for the customer.
- To coordinate with corporate business development to derive an overall marketing plan for particular customers, to visit customers and jobsites, and to be a positive representative of the Branch and of the Company.
- To perform non-discretionary functions, including duties of the Dispatcher, on a very limited basis when absolutely necessary. These non-discretionary functions are not to exceed more than 25% of work time.
- The Coordinator will be called upon to perform annual performance appraisals in accordance with his level of supervisory responsibility.
- Carries out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures; Quality Management System; Compliance and Ethics Policies; Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
Two years of experience in an inspection company, and knowledge of basic contract do's and don'ts.
Sound knowledge of petroleum and chemical inspection procedures.
An understanding of the business requirements of the client, relative to the purpose of the services provided.
Working knowledge of the testing of those commodities that is at the core of the business, and of the significance of quality test data.
Able and willing to travel.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website