Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek's Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
- Assist in the review of Supplier's/Contractor's Quality Plans, Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and Quality Procedures and all pertained QA/QC documentation prior to commencement of any fabrication / construction work.
- Verify the implementation of PTW (permit to work) LOTO (lock-out and tag-out) and other safety procedures.
- Conduct quality surveillance at suppliers / contactors to promote Company's quality culture.
- Input result of inspection / observations into the web-based inspection recording system in timely manner.
- Regularly assessing quality risks associated with engineering, procurement, fabrication, inspection and testing of electrical equipment and report any concerns.
- Ensure suppliers /contractors have relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings.
- Reinforce COMPANY HSSE requirements to the colleagues / Suppliers / Contractors
- Oversee inspection of mechanical equipment, piping, structure and welding activities conducted at shops and construction sites.
- Review original material certificate for compliances to codes and specifications
- Ensure testing, measuring, welding, NDE equipment is fully calibrated per specification and has current certification
- Ensure storage and handling of welding consumables is per manufacturer's recommendations / specifications and has a certification
- Verify that equipment is preserved per the supplier's recommendation and the approved preservation procedures
- Verify Human Factor Engineering (HFE) requirement (accessibility of valve, field run piping) against specification
- Witness / Participate Equipment Receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiencies
- Witness in-process inspections per ITP and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications, the approved drawings and procedures
- Must hold an ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Course Certificate with a successful examination following the course. IRCA registration as a Lead Auditor preferred
- Must hold an inspection certification such as AWS-CWI, CSWIP, IIW, API
- Must have an audit log of audits performed in the last three years
- Must have vendor assessment/auditing experience coupled with inspection experience of pressure equipment/structural steel
- Inspector with 10 year experience in structural or welding or rotational equipment, Valid certifications with CWI, CGSB, API or NDE. Have knowledge of industrial codes and standards (AWS D1.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B 31.1, ASME Section I, V, VIII, VIIII, ISO 9001, API, CSA and etc). ISO9001 Lead Auditor Certification and Registration
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website