Part Time Supplier Management / Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) / 2nd Party Auditor
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Business Assurance group of Intertek provides a full range of business process audit and support services, including management systems certification, custom supplier audits and training. Our range of services helps to ensure customer management systems are optimized to facilitate successful growth
To lead and/or participate as an assessor during all phases of a supplier Management System in accordance with Intertek and Client& social, environmental, quality, and security programs. The Lead Auditor is the primary interface with the client before and during the process of all auditing activities.; Additionally, the Lead Auditor will help train low graded auditors through witness audits, technical support, and education of both client and sales force as needed.; Independence, strong leadership, and management qualities are required in addition to the technical expertise necessary to perform audit assignments.
A Lead Auditor manages a number of auditors that make up an audit team. In accomplishing this function, the Lead Auditor schedules work to be accomplished by the audit team member(s), evaluate auditor's performance, and reports this information to the Certification Authority.
The Lead Auditor will have extensive interaction with clients in an evaluation and audit capacity so tasks and duties shall be commensurate with the responsibilities listed below. The specific tasks and duties are those defined in the Global Supplier Management Program. Other tasks and duties may be assigned outside of the Global Supplier Management Program.
Managing all phases of assessments/audits and recommendation for registration.
Planning and scheduling assessments/audits and coordinating with team member(s).
Representing the assessment team and the company.
Total evaluation of supplier sites, reporting non-compliances.
Reviewing the social, environmental, quality, and security documentation, assessing the system, conducting audits in order to evaluate the supplier's management system before or after Certification, and for recommending whether the supplier's management system meets the appropriate program and customer requirements.
Holding opening and closing meetings with and providing progress updates to suppliers on the conduct of initial assessments, surveillance assessments, follow-up assessments, and results of team findings.
Explaining to the supplier non-compliances and other observations.
Producing reports to be submitted to the Client and/or Certification Authority Department on each audit documenting all non-conmpliances.
Helping with lower tier auditor training, assisting sales forces on client visits.
Conducting assigned audits in accordance with contracted client agreements & submit required reports in a timely manner.
Manage/Perform management system audits.
Evaluate client for compliance and non-compliance to the specifics of the program standards and/or specific customer requirements.
Discuss corrective action and non-compliance with the client in a non-advisory capacity.
Provide on the job training for auditors and provisional personnel.
- APSCA, CSCA Registered Auditor or ASCA (preferred)
- University degree and/or equivalent workplace experience preferably in human resources, environmental health & safety, manufacturing, science, or engineering discipline.
- At least 1 years auditing experience
- English / Spanish bilingual (preferred)
- Ability to travel extensively, position is 100% travel.
- Possess a valid unrestricted drivers license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle in the performance of the official duties of the position
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in the agreed language of the assessment/audit assignments.
- Ability to work well in an environment and react effectively in stressful situations.
- Have sound judgment and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand complex operations in broad perspective.
- Ability to obtain and assess factual information fairly.
- Must have strong leadership abilities.
- Ability to exercise effective time management in completion of assignments and all required reports.
- Ability to research, interpret, and communicate local legislative requirements.
- The ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- The ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Must be able to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- The ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- The ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website