Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains.
We are currently looking for a motivated Outside Sales Representative based out of our Montreal laboratory. The successful candidate will drive business development activities supporting our Building and Construction business line in the region. A background in building product testing is ideal but not mandatory.
This position reports to the Regional Sales Director, Building & Construction for Canada
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Responsible for growing current book of business, focusing on new client market-share.
- Drive sales through quote and order activity.
- Perform client research, prospecting, and networking
- Collaborate with Marketing Department for strategic positioning
- Work closely with staff from Intertek to position the Intertek service package
- Attend/participate in trade shows
- Create and facilitate client presentations
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts and write and follow-up on proposals
- Maintain sales database
- Follow through on sales transactions, specify appropriate standards, price and credit terms
- University Degree preferred but not mandatory.
· 3 year's successful account management or sales experience preferably in the building products and/or testing industry.
· Knowledge of building codes and construction industry.
· High degree of knowledge with internal IT systems
- Must be self-motivated and assertive and have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior presentation skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office, Dynamics) is essential
- Experience working with diverse teams (engineering, operations, marketing) is preferred
- Business to business sales experience is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
· Must possess a valid driver's license
· Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and perform all clerical functions inherent to the position
Apply on company website