Senior Engineer, Service Provisioning
Req ID: 30321
Atlanta, GA, US, 30294
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Senior Engineer, Service Provisioning
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a member of the Services Provisioning team at Intelsat you will work in a role that delivers customer network services that span terrestrial networks, satellite and baseband platforms. You will work across multiple teams within Intelsat and directly with Customer representatives to ensure quality delivery of end-to-end services and a provide a positive customer experience. You will be the lead individual responsible for coordinating and performing provisioning activities. As a Senior Engineer you will be able to work independently and lead provisioning activities of moderate to high complexity. You will have the opportunity to showcase and further develop your skills by mentoring junior team members, participating as a subject matter expert on new product initiatives and evolving service provisioning processes.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Collaborate with Customer Solution teams to review and validate customer solution requirements, validate service feasibility and validate service delivery times
- Working within defined product specifications you will translate customer requirements into low level designs and configurations
- You will be the primary interface with the customer technical team to lead them through the service provisioning process
- You will provide technical leadership and coordinate with internal teams throughout the service delivery process to ensure on-time and quality delivery of services
- You will configure devices to support network and platform service delivery
- Document the customer network in support of network handoff to the customer and the Network Operations team
- You will validate service configuration and acceptance prior to handoff to the customer and Network Operations
- You will provide insight to the customer, management and sales team as to the progress of provisioning activities
Can you drive these processes?
- Build productive work relationships with stakeholder organizations to improve the quality and efficiency of end-to-end service delivery
- Identify opportunities to adapt new technology and automation to the service provisioning process
- Represent Service Provisioning as a subject matter expert supporting new product development
- Represent Service Provisioning as a subject matter expert supporting initiatives to improve the customer experience
- Develop training material and knowledge articles that share knowledge and best practices
You should definitely have:
- A technical bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and applicable work experience
- 5 - 7 years' experience in service provisioning in a network domain with satellite network experience preferred
- Must have intermediate knowledge and experience with IP network technologies, protocols and devices (CCNA certification or equivalent experience)
- Experience with VSAT systems, modulation technics and satellite modems required
- Experience with satellite broadband hub and platform systems highly desirable
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem resolution required
- Customer experience and the ability to work with customers of varying technical abilities
- Strong attention to detail in configuration and documentation required
- Strong organizational and time management skills as this position requires the ability to manage working on multiple customer services that may be in varying stages of completion
- Must be able to work independently as well as a member of a cross-functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with iDirect, Gilat, Comtech or Newtec technologies a plus
- Experience with Network Orchestration and Automation technologies and adaptation
- Ability to develop and manipulate moderately complex spreadsheets
- Ability to efficiently utilize collaboration and information sharing applications such as SharePoint and ServiceNow.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- As part of working with an international customer base this job occasionally requires working outside of standard business hours. Flex time and telecommuting options to support this are in place.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Apply on company website