Req ID: 29545
Travel: Less than 10%
Atlanta, GA, US, 30294
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Network Systems Architect
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of excellence in service architecture for decades to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
The Network and Systems Architect will be responsible for providing expert level design and architectural solutions with appropriate redundancy, availability, scalability, security, manageability and business requirements needed for developing complex service provider solutions in the area of Satellite, Wide Area Networks, Maritime & Aero Mobility Services, and other strategic verticals that product deems as high priority.
By collaborating directly with Intelsat commercial teams, this person will participate in the product development lifecycle to include ideation, detailed requirements analysis, design recommendations, validation, and oversite to Engineering and Operational teams for low level engineering, deployment and support.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Work with product managers, network engineering, and operations to take products from ideation to implementation and then ongoing lifecycle improvements of that product.
- Possess an understanding of Operational Support Systems (OSS) and the FCAPS model.
- Well-developed knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering and experience in robust network, product/service and system design and implementation strategies.
- Represent the department; build a feedback loop between various cross-functional teams within Network Engineering to identify, quantify, and address network risks.
Can you drive these processes?
Product development lifecycle; End-to-end service architecture; Engineering and Operations Oversite; Product technical owner; RF engineering; Data platform engineering; system engineering; New product feature enhancements;
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the stated minimum education and experience requirements i.e. Advanced Degree and seven (7) years of experience).
- Demonstrated ability of relevant experience in IP-based Broadband design implementation and support (Satellite, DSL, DOCSIS or 3GPP).
- Expert-level knowledge of routing, including but not limited to: M/BGP, MPLS (traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN), ISIS, OSPF/OSPFv3, RSVP, LDP, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP-1/2, MSDP, PIM-DM/SM, in routing and WCCP.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a central networking professional responsible for design and planning of next generation IP network in an ISP environment.
- Wide expertise in ancillary technologies used to support network backbones such as management and metric gathering tools (SNMP, Netflow), packet capturing tools, and automation tools.
It would be nice if you had:
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience in IP network architecture and design (not operations) in an ISP environment.
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience in two-way VSAT platforms; Comtech, Gilat, iDirect, Newtec, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and ongoing high-level operational support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-level support for internal engineering needs and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and enhance existing monitoring infrastructure to address current/emerging growth and redundancy needs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide mentoring and guidance to less senior network engineers to raise functional technical in-house expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to provide written status reports, SOW's, RFP's, design and planning documents, etc.
Other Job Info:
- Provides consultative support for product management and sales teams for highly complex customer requirements and product initiatives.
- Provides support in the development of Intelsat's Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), and Cloud initiatives.
- Provides extensive knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering and experience in robust network, product/service and system design and implementation strategies.
- Collaborates with other Intelsat groups for design analysis, planning, and coordination.
- Develops documentation including Architectural and Design Documents, and Concept of Operation (CONOPS) documents.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Apply on company website