The Services Technician (Technical Analyst) is responsible for troubleshooting, repair and upgrading of computer equipment. Provides on-site IT Services to clients.
- Provide on-site hardware (Printer, Desktop, Laptop) and technical support to clients
- Analytical reasoning ability to isolate problems, determine solutions
- Provide on-site hardware maintenance services
- Internal support services as directed by Team Lead
- Diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems; and recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- Maintains accurate records for service calls completed, travel time and mileage as required.
- Understands and demonstrates the willingness to promote Insight’s vision and values
- Handling maximum of 21-50 lbs.
- 20- 50 lbs. (occasional) – low level lifting
- 20- 50 lbs. (frequent) - waist level lifting
- 20-50 lbs. (rare) – above shoulder lifting
- 20- 50 lbs. (occasional) – front carry
- 5-20 lbs. (rare) – side carry
- Pushing/Pulling (hand carts and dollies)
- 60-100 lbs. (occasional)
- Sitting/driving (constant)
- Trunk rotation (rare)
- Crouching/squatting/kneeling/crawling (occasional)
- Walking and standing (frequent)
- Climbing stairs (occasional)
- Hand use (frequent)
As a condition of employment, this job is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions: Reference Checks, Criminal Background Checks and a Driver’s Abstract if required for the role.
Qualifications (Education/Experience/Skills & Abilities)
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Prior A+ Certification an asset, will be required upon hiring
- Hardware Vendor Certifications will be beneficial
- PDI+ Certification will be beneficial
- Minimum 1- 2 years industry experience
- Experience in support role
- Experience in ticketing software will be beneficial
- Takes ownership and responsibility for problem resolution
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to deal effectively with others in a professional manner
- Strong Analytical and organizational ability
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Current Drivers Abstract
- Back Check will be required
- Travel, overnight and afterhour’s requirement for this role.
Apply on company website