Requisition Number: 80453
The Proposal Specialist is responsible for providing support to the Sales organizations in the development of customized client deliverables (i.e., proposals, requests for information, presentations, etc.). Incumbents will be responsible for bringing together the efforts of Sales, Operations, Services Practices, and various other resources to ensure the timely coordination and creation of client documentation (creative, legal, and business content) while meeting client driven deadlines.
What you will do at Insight:
• Assumes overall project management for the deliverable response process including review and understanding of client requirements, coordinating with Sales management, Sales, and other resources to conduct strategy meetings, Bid/No Bid calls, bid kickoff meetings assigning roles and responsibilities, status calls, and finalizing the client deliverable.
• Develops, leads, and facilitates a structured methodology for completion of the deliverable.
• Writes copy for client deliverables and presentations utilizing exceptional written communication skills and ensures a consistent flow and tone in the information presented.
• Develops a practical knowledge of Insight’s offerings including Hardware, Software, and Services while continuously striving to understand and relate Insight’s value-add proposition to all proposal submittals.
• Seeks input from Proposal Manager, if required, then edits and finalizes copy.
• Provides verification of appropriate management approvals as required by the organization’s contract policy, as well as inter-departmental policies.
• Manages multiple projects concurrently in a deadline driven environment.
• Assists Sales with the execution of client communications (i.e., Cover Letters, Executive Summaries, etc.).
• Serves as a departmental liaison in providing teammates standard database of company specific information as needed in support of their specific requirements.
• Identifies trends and engages in process improvement where necessary.
• Maintains a positive rapport and continuously builds trust with the Sales community, Sales/Senior Management, Client personnel including Contracting Officers, OEMs, and various internal Operations teams.
• Interfaces with Proposal Manager and Sales management as appropriate regarding issues that require escalation.
• Tracks submitted opportunities for win/loss measurement.
• Supports other departmental functions and projects as directed / required by management.
• Acquires and retains broad knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations pertaining to entities in the U.S, and legal, bid and contract management processes to mitigate risk to company.
• Conducts business reviews for all assigned opportunities.
• Works with Proposal Manager, legal, and other internal departments to ensure all appropriate registrations and certifications are maintained as needed.
• Works with Proposal Manager to ensure appropriate bid services and support is provided as needed.
What you will need to join Insight:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in General Business required.
• Two to three years professional work experience in a sales environment, bid/proposal development, or related field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to share information and ideas both verbally and in writing.
• Exceptional writing skills.
• Highly organized with the project management skills to coordinate resources and manage multiple activities to meet established goals in a deadline driven environment.
• Committed and attentive to detail, accuracy, and excellence, and seeks continuous process improvement.
• Ability to establish and provide the highest levels of internal client service while gaining the trust and respect of those being supported.
• Works well with others at various levels within the organization.
• Exhibits high levels of energy and maintains a positive and professional attitude.
• Team player focused on team goals and prioritizing own work to ensure those goals are met.
• Open to changing environment and adopts business changes.
• Actively seeks development opportunities to increase knowledge and meet company training requirements.
• Intermediate or above working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and operate a computer, telephone, and keyboard.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
• Ability to work in a confined area.
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Addison, IL; US - Tempe, AZ ||
Apply on company website