Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for an Sr. Software Engineer (RPG iSeries) to join our team in LaVergne, TN (Greater Nashville Area). This individual will deliver enterprise grade software solutions with high customer impact. Leads architecture and development activities with a specialization in at least one major enterprise IT application on the iSeries platform. Performs all aspects of the development life cycle. Acts as the senior technical programmer for the assigned enterprise system and/or application of responsibility. Delivers results through independent contributions and through mentoring of junior engineers.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can't wait to meet you!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for year experience
- 6 years' experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise level IT solutions
- 4+ years' experience with RPG and iSeries
- Experience with web front end technologies and or interested learning
- Experience with warehouse, transportation and or logistic systems
- Serves as Designer/Architect/Engineer for at least one major enterprise IT application.
- Develops new design patterns, standards, etc. and works with other developers in implementation.
- Performs data modeling and architecture development.
- Reviews and evaluates application work flow and user experience.
- Acts as technical expert and provides application development oversight.
- Leads and executes testing to ensure the program meets the specified requirements.
- Drives solutions and guides the work of others to provide full application development life cycle support including specifications, prototypes, development, quality assurance and deployment.
- Champions innovation and expands sphere of influence through mentoring and guidance.
- Works with user/customer community, business analysts, and architects to capture system requirements and design.
- Leverages a technical network to collaborate across the organization.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
The world is reading, and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram's services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, Tennessee Book Company LLC, Ingram Content Group UK Ltd. and Ingram Content Group Australia Pty Ltd.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
- We participate in EVerify.
- EEO Poster in English
- EEO Poster in Spanish
Apply on company website