Ingram Content Group (ICG)is hiring an Operations Supervisor to contribute to our Lightning Source team in Breinigsville, PA.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a production shift including supervision of personnel for compliance with company policies and procedures. Operations Supervisors keep management aware of all issues that may impact the ability of the shift to provide effective and efficient production. Additionally this position will maintain consistent quality assurance standards on the print floor to ensure that orders are processed accurately.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can't wait to meet you!
What You'll Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 Years experience in a supervisory position within a print production environment, or comparable management experience.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the daily supervision of associates including proper record keeping, time and attendance monitoring and approval, performance evaluations, and recommendations regarding associate advancement and/or disciplinary procedures.
- Supervise the associates assigned to the print floor, providing adequate resources to ensure maximum document quality and minimum waste while monitoring all procedures to ensure that tasks are accomplished in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform operations on the print floor as required. Quickly respond and elevate any equipment downtime issues.
- Track book processing and completion in accordance with established target completion times and production schedule and audits individual productivity and quality to ensure operators are meeting expected standards. Identifies root causes of not meeting these standards and takes corrective action.
- Compile a thorough pass down to inform incoming shift of current operations status.
- Assist Management in providing an effective and efficient production environment.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Ability to walk and stand as needed
- Ability to grip/grasp as needed
- Ability to lift/carry in full range of motion up to 50lbs as needed
- Ability to push/pull in a warehouse environment up to 50lbs force to push as needed
- Ability to bend, squat/kneel, twist/turn, climb, crawl, reach above shoulder, and type/keyboard frequently
- Ability to work a flexible which could include nights and weekends
- Ability to travel as needed
- Exposure to wide range of temperatures
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram's First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
B Shift (Wed-Friday 7am-7pm)
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram's services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
- We participate in EVerify.
- EEO Poster in English
- EEO Poster in Spanish
Apply on company website