Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Speech Language Pathologist at our Harvey location.
In this role as an Speech Language Pathologist you will serve individuals, families, and groups from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds. Services are provided based on applying the best available research evidence, using expert clinical judgments, and considering clients' individual preferences and values. Speech-language pathologists address typical and atypical communication and swallowing including speech sound production, resonance, voice, fluency, language (comprehension and expression), cognition, and feeding and swallowing. Services are provided to individuals from birth throughout the lifespan.Knows, follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission and vision of Ingalls Memorial Hospital. Adheres to all hospital, policies, procedures and standard of care. Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise to the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
The Speech Language Pathologist is consistent with the American Speech and Hearing Association Scope of Practice, the overall objective of speech-language pathology services is to optimize individuals' ability to communicate and swallow, thereby improving quality of life.Speech-language pathologists work to improve quality of life by reducing impairments of body functions and structures, activity limitations, participation restrictions, and barriers created by contextual factors such as environmental and personal issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides direct/indirect supervision for patient-related activities and appropriate delegation of tasks to Rehabilitation Aides and nursing staff.
- Functions as Clinical Instructor for Speech Pathology Students as per department protocol.
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an Accredited Program, American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA), Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) or Clinical Fellow (CF) with eligibility, Illinois State Licensure (or eligibility)
- Specific practice areas may require advanced certification or previous experience to address patient care needs.
- Basic Life Support Certification.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Effective verbal and written communication including ability to communicate with other cultures or those with language or cognitive impairments.
- Foreign graduates shall submit certification of passage of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and the Test of Spoken English, (TSE).
- Job Type/FTE: Registry
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Therapy
- CBA Code: Non
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website