Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Patient Care Safety Attendant with the Behavioral Health department.
The Patient Care Safety Attendant is under the supervision of the Unit Director, Manager, Assistant Patient Care Manager, Charge RN or RN, the primary responsibility of this position is to provide ongoing and continuous observation, and monitoring to patients who may pose a threat of harm to him / herself and/or others.
- Care companions must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older due to the nature of the patient sub-population being served.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with patients of all age groups and social/ethnic backgrounds.
- Must have excellent patient and employee relations and customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and good attendance.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule (hours, days, shifts) and also be reasonably available on short notice given the sometimes unforeseen needs involved in this role.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-Time, 8 hour
- Shift: Night
- Unit/Department: Behavioral Health
- CBA Code: Non Union
Apply on company website