Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs nuclear medicine procedures as assigned. Applies principles of radiation protection. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures and provides necessary patient care during the course of procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Has knowledge of and utilizes appropriate patient care protocol relating to the physical and psychological needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients
- Performs nuclear medicine procedures as assigned
- Selects proper technical factors for each exam, including: collimator, pulse height analyzer settings, analog and computer acquisition parameters, image intensity setting
- Operates equipment according to manufacturer and UCH procedures
- Utilizes Radiology Information System (MARS) to record exam status
- Prepares radiopharmaceuticals for administration
- Regards safety of patients as a priority in performance of study
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and co-workers
- Handles patients in conformance with all established safety procedures
- Uses equipment in accordance with manufacture specifications
- Recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures when necessary
- Satisfactory completion of formal Nuclear Medicine technology training in an AMA approved school
- Eligibility for registry by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or certification by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board
- Eligibility for "Active” IDNS accreditation in the category of Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Job Type/FTE:0.20FTE
- Shift: Registry
- Unit/Department: Neurophysiology Department
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website