SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Come join us at Parham Doctors' Hospital! We are a 200-bed acute-care facility serving Central Virginia. As part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family our hospital offers orthopedics, spine surgery, bariatric surgery, behavioral health care, inpatient rehabilitation, emergency services, podiatry, sleep services, primary care, an occupational health and travel clinic, and outpatient surgery.
Parham Doctors' Hospital has been recognized by Healthgrades as America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ and Joint Replacement Awards™. These distinctions put Parham Doctors' Hospital in the top 5% of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide.Do you want take your imaging career to the next level by working at one of the leading hospitals in Richmond, VA? Are you a dynamic Ultrasound Technologist with at least 1 year of experience? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA's mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you are aproactive, goal oriented team player in search of extra shifts or a flexible schedule the Ultrasound Technologist PRN position is perfect for you! The duties and responsibilities of the Ultrasound Technologist PRN include but are not limited to:
- Obtains quality ultrasound images of patients. Demonstrates competence in following established scanning protocols and exercises ability to adjust protocols as required.
- Manage all ultrasound equipment and recognize significant diagnostic information. Utilize independent judgment and decision making in complex situations involving the administration of diagnostic ultrasound.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all necessary computer operations (i.e. Meditech and PACS). Ensure proper charges are entered and referring physician's orders are verified.
- Prepares examination rooms for ultrasound procedures. Monitors inventory of supplies and maintain room cleanliness and neat appearance.
- Assist the radiology nurse or the radiologist in administering medications, performing biopsies and all types of care to the patient.
- Reviews each exam for technical accuracy (i.e. technical quality, anatomical positioning, etc.) and completes verification process in PACS.
- Assists Facility System Administrator and Ultrasound Supervisor with PACS cleanup. (i.e.: unarchived images, unspecified, etc.)
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding employees and patient information according to Policy and Procedure
HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 184 hospitals and 2000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers and physician clinics located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
QualificationsEXPERIENCE PREFERRED: 1 year as a staff sonographer. Previous PACS experience. EDUCATION REQUIRED: Competently trained in ultrasound. Responsible for continuing education credits as mandated by the ARDMS for licensure. REQUIRED: Graduate of an AMA approved School of Ultrasound Technology. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS AND/OR ARRT) Current AHA BLS CPR certification (required)
HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website