SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as an Employee Health/Occupational Health Technician PRN you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Henrico Doctors Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. As a PRN employee you can plan for your future by participating in our 401k program
The Employee Health/Occupational Health Technician PRN provides support to the Occupational Health department assisting patients, visitors, other departments, co-workers, and physicians as necessary; exhibits excellent communication skills and customer relations; shows courtesy, compassion and respect. The OHS Technician will assist in scheduling appointments for referrals made from OHS and schedules patients within the OHS department
- You will answer questions to companies and insurance companies about a patient's status
- Fax modified duties reports, make copies, answer phone calls and report drug screen reports
- You will also assist with registration and billing, enter all charges for the department and scan documents to medical records
- Maintain monthly logs of patients seen, patients referred and the referral process
- You will collect urine drug tests and perform breath alcohol testing, spirometry testing and audiometry and keep certifications up to date
Henrico Doctors' Hospital (Parham Campus), a 200-bed acute care facility is located in the upbeat, West End area of Richmond, minutes from the historic University of Richmond campus and a short drive from the beautiful outdoor mall, Short Pump Town Center. Parham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities
Parham Doctor's Hospital Awards and Recognitions:
- Healthgrades 100 Best Hospitals in America for Orthopedic Surgery & Joint Replacement
- These distinctions put Parham Doctors' Hospital in the top 5% of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide
- The Joint Commission awarded the Orthopedic Program the Gold Seal of Approval for hip replacement, knee replacement and spinal fusion
Previous office experience required with computer and word processing, telephone skills and ability to handle multiple tasks at once
Medical office experience with MS Office software experience is preferred
Medical terminology and computer courses preferred
Training/competency in Audiometry, Spirometry, Breath Alcohol Testing, Urine Drug Screen Collection is required
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare provider
Ability to work flexible hours Monday - Friday. No Holidays; 1/2 days during the week, Preference would be 8a - 12p, 9a - 1p or 10a - 2p and cover for vacation days as needed.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website