Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Sr Application Engineer? At HealthTrust Workforce Solutions, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
HealthTrust Workforce Solutions, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Sr Application Engineer like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
This position is an experienced C# .NET Developer position who will report directly to the Director of Application Development. A successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of software patterns, software modeling, software architecture, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology, and advanced coding practices. In addition, this candidate will have a history of professional software development. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions, with supervision. The ideal candidate will have a track record of participating in successful projects in a fast-paced, mixed team (consultant and employee) environment. The Sr. Application Engineer will be required to learn about existing legacy systems and provide on-going technical support for both existing and new applications. The Sr. Application Engineer will work with the team to develop plans to move legacy systems into the latest platform/environment and participate in the execution of those plans, within scope and timeframe. The applicant will provide high-level support for existing applications within a group and rotate Production on-call/off-hours responsibilities. Must be a highly motivated self-starter, an enthusiastic learner, and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within scheduled timelines.
- Construct and debug applications across all aspects of application development including but not limited to Front end graphical user interface design as well as Middle tier and Database layer.
- Integrate new/existing software with existing systems.
- Production application support.
- Collaborate with business analysts, project lead, management and customers on project requirements
- Provide accurate and thorough estimates of work effort.
- Participate in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team.
- Develop understanding of defined SDLC processes and coding standards.
- Collaborate with team to develop quality solutions that that deliver business value to our partners. This is an ongoing and continual process of decision-making.
What qualifications you need for this position
- Minimum of five or more years relevant experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 10+ years of software engineering experience required.
- 7+ years of object-oriented language experience required.
- 7+ years of database design and programming experience required.
- 7+ years of Microsoft platform (.NET, Windows, IIS) experience preferred.
- 5+ years of C# experience preferred.
- Microsoft MVC.NET experience preferred.
- Microsoft Entity Framework and Linq experience preferred.
- T-SQL (SQL Server 200x) experience required.
- XML/XSL experience preferred.
- Unit testing experience preferred.UML modeling experience preferred.
- Application troubleshooting experience required.
- Long-term application support experience preferred.
- Root-cause analysis experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn our business domain required.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Agile experience preferred
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people solutions. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Sr Application Engineer opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website