SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
About this role:
HCA Houston Northwest is looking for PRN RNs to work within ICU, IMCU or MedSurg Units across our local hospitals.
Choose when you want to work - on your terms. Details below.
Choose from our eligible PRN opportunities – Bonus paid in two increments.
- Work nights or weekends
- 12-week commitment
- Work 24 hours per week - Receive a $10k bonus!
- Work 36 hours per week - Receive $15k bonus!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest – Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – 6 South Step Down (SDU) (IMCU) (IMU) (PCU)
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Able to prioritize work and duties well and must work well under stressful situations.
- Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with a variety of patients, physicians, and other health care providers both internal and external to the organization, and must make accurate clinical decisions and judgments quickly.
- Demonstrate proficiency in understanding and calculating medication dosages, and demonstrate thorough knowledge of the side effects and hazards of various pharmacologic agents administered.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for safe professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department. Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times
- Demonstrates and maintains good employee/peer relationship and teamwork
- Prioritize work and duties and must work well under stressful situations
- Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with patients, families, physicians, peers and healthcare team
- Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care, applies nursing process, prioritizes care and evaluates outcome
- Participates and facilitates in the discharge planning process and assists with decreasing readmissions Documents all aspects of patient care efficiently, accurately and per policy recommendations.
- Delegate's patient care to license/ non licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of patient, staff availability and qualifications
What qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification within six months of employment
- Two years' experience in Progressive and/or Intermediate Care in acute care setting
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website