Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Senior Financial Analyst? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Senior Financial Analyst like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
HCA Healthcare ITGJob Summary:
Serve as financial liaison for large HCA Strategic initiatives, which include a Corporate ITG Project Deployment aspect. Prepare monthly entries related to the projects in the Portfolio you manage financially. In addition, build simple project business cases, perform ad hoc analysis, and represent Portfolio Financial Management in the regular PMA Training, in addition to monthly Portfolio tasks. This role will be responsible for collaborating with ITG and corresponding Business Unit Leaders/Project Teams and will report to the ITG Director of Portfolio and Planning.General Responsibilities:
- Develop financial analysis, lead simple business case compilation, and perform scope addition estimates, in addition to facilitating financial conversations around projects. This role is responsible for fostering relationships with the ITG and corresponding Business Unit(s) Project team (including Leadership) and is a trusted advisor while reporting centrally to F&A in order to maintain financial integrity and consistency of ITG consolidated financial reporting.
- Build and maintain strategic working relationships with the ITG VPs, their leadership teams, and corresponding Business Unit Project and Finance teams.
- Collaborate with other areas within Finance & Administration, including Total Cost of Ownership, Core VP Support, Software Asset Management, Financial Reporting, Sourcing and Contracts Team.
- Be able to properly classify cost as Capital or Operating, ensuring project financials meet HCA's Accounting Policy Guidelines.
- Embody the HCA mission, vision, and values, be confident, articulate, poised, and influential, while maintaining humility & integrity.
- Provide excellent customer support to assigned ITG VPs, CIOs, Business Unit Leadership, and Project Teams.
- Navigate both ITG and business approaches to reach negotiated positions.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication in addition to outstanding customer service.
- Bachelor's Degree – Required
- 5+ year of experience in relevant financial analysis work – Required
- Certified Public Accountant – Preferred
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with customers and become trusted advisor as key point of contact for Project financial support.
- Prepare simple project financial business case models by working with Project Teams, ITG VPs/Product Owners, corresponding Business Unit VPs/Business Owners/Finance and Vendors.
- Show competency in Capital vs Operating treatment for all project costs, applying ITG's interpretation of HCA's Accounting Policy Guides. In addition, be familiar with the various kinds of software procurement methods to advise both the FA Contracts team and Project Team of ways to improve HCA's financial outlay whether by length of contract/software type/hosting arrangement.
- Facilitate scope change conversations with both ITG and the corresponding Business Unit Project Leadership teams, gather and model additional costs applying Capital and Operating criteria, create the financial portion of the project update to leadership.
- Facilitate monthly briefings via Project MOR/Status meetings.
- Ensure project/program actuals are coming in as expected, fiscal year projections are up to date, and total project cost is staying within approval.
- Ensure project projections are accurately reflected in the financial accounting quarterly detailed projections, as well as the weekly/monthly hi-level.
- Coordinate annual budget process for Projects/Programs supported. This includes:
- Working with Business Units to determine NY Financial Constraint, including reviewing project demand, preparing project financial information for prioritization, participating in Business Unit budget meetings and leading conversation in those meetings, as needed.
- Working with the project team to accurately project NY spend by FS Code by month
- Contributing to the Budget Directives
- Preparing relevant budget presentation information/slides
- Identify, compile, review with customers/FA/CFO Project to Core shifts for all projects financial responsible for managing, annually.
- Provide stewardship through the HCA Governance Process.
- Provide operational/strategic assistance when applicable.
- Ensure project financial spend is compliant with taxing legislation by working with ITG Corporate's Tax Expert.
- Reconcile specific Balance Sheet accounts monthly.
- Prepare reclass and accrual entries monthly.
- Approve invoice and purchase requests.
- Complete or assist in completion of annual Reimbursement/tax workpapers.
- Other as requested by ITG VP/CFO/AVP/Director or Business Unit Leadership.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Senior Financial Analyst opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website