DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
OAK HILL CLINICAL NURSE EDUCATOR
Our elite education team at HCA is looking for dedicated, compassionate educators who are registered nurses to add to their skilled team of facility educators. The right person will want to become an integral part of this dynamic organization built upon the foundation of exemplifying compassion and commitment one person at a time. We're hiring top talent today. Apply now!
Our Nurse Educator is responsible for staff development and competency of hospital employees. Facilitates evidence based, safe, efficient and effective patient care through initial and ongoing validation of staff competency. Acts as a highly visible and engaged clinical resource by performing daily rounds in assigned clinical locations.
- Facilitates new employee orientation by establishing goals, coaching preceptors, communicating with department directors, and participating in competency assessment.
- Supports staff development from novice to expert in patient care areas, including but not limited to medical, surgical, oncology, radiology, respiratory, and rehab departments as defined by the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Executes West Florida Division standard education, training and competency assessment activities.
- Demonstrates desired patient experience behaviors, patient safety practices and evidence based standards of practice in daily work.
- Creates individual staff professional development and remediation plans.
- Provides opportunities for education, training and staff development in the patient care area.
- Interacts with staff through a flexible work schedule that provides training opportunities for all shifts and employees including nights and weekends.
This is a general clinical educator position that will be able to support various clinical areas that include the noted above as well as any other needed areas as assigned by the CNO.Providing quality healthcare to Hernando and Citrus counties since 1984, Oak Hill Hospital is a 350-bed facility providing a range of services through its Heart Institute, Orthopaedic & Spine Institute, Maternity Suites, Cancer Institute, Women's Imaging Center, Pediatric ER and adult Emergency Rooms, and ExpressLab. Other services include hospitalists, and 24/7 on-site critical care intensivists. We believe in providing the highest quality, safest patient-centered care to our community and we are honored to care for you and your family during your times of need.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Current Florida RN License or compact licensure
- Nursing certification (CMSRN or similar, or 1 year grace period from time of hire)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
- BLS and ACLS provider
- 5 years of recent acute care nursing experience. We will consider various acute care backgrounds such as Med/Surg, Critical Care and related acute care specialties.
- Effective written, oral and electronic communication skills
- Manages multiple priorities effectively
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website