DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare ITG
Please click the link above to Watch our Identity Video to get a closer look at who we are and what we do!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement program.
As an Application Systems Engineer II, your primary responsibility will be to Analyze, Design, and Implement complex systems and solutions from the point of coding a solution to the oversight and maintenance of the servers running the applications within the Reporting, Benchmarking, and Analytics (REBA) development team of HCA.
This role will perform any technical project assignments with minimal supervision. This role is responsible for document coding standards, provide code review and feedback to team members to ensure development best practices. Architect technical solutions and create appropriate diagramming. The position requires extensive experience in Build new systems with .NET, .NET Core, ASP.NET, Bootstrap, JSON, Visual Studio, SQL/SQL Database, SSRS, performance tuning, batch processes, Windows and Linux environments. Must be able to identify, investigate, evaluate and become proficient in new technologies and technical disciplines that are of significance to HCA Healthcare.Responsibilities
Development & Documentation
- Analyzes and documents detailed component composition of System and subsystems
- Identifies potential risks to the quality of the product/solution
- Participate in collaborations of future strategies using emerging technology
- Drives Performance and Reliability Analysis of all System Components
- Participates in the rollout of pilots and across the HCA Enterprise
- Conducts solution testing (Use Case development, Test Planning, Test Strategy.)
- Participates in the selection and/or Creation of Monitoring Solutions
- Maintain open collaboration with the business leaders to assure requirements are agreed upon
Leadership and planning
- Engages in meetings w/ purpose, ensures documentation of outcomes, action items, and next steps
- Participates in both tactical and strategic product management activities including Road Map planning, field research with thought leaders and others determined by your manager
- Involved in defining technical architecture and documentation
- Participates in creating coding standards, review, and oversight to ensure compliance with standards
Manage application support and relationships.
- Provide second level system support for Corporate Service Support
- Create and maintain strong relationships with internal IT&S departments
- Engage with teams external to our Department to identify/resolve issues
- Maintain vendor relationships including driving operational deliverables
Continuous HIE related team and process improvement
- Continually look for, propose, and execute opportunities to optimize the processes that affect the included solutions
- Professional Self Development
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred; 3+ years of relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- You will possess experience with enterprise software architecture for different types of projects
- You will have experience documenting and diagramming architectural components and with defining and documenting coding standards
- Experience with large scale, N-Tier component software solutions
- Adeptness to learn new assignments, technologies and application quickly and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to build strong relationships within department and with other technical team members
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities and tasks simultaneously and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, understand and synthesize complex problems, assess technical risks, and recommend sound solutions in a timely manner
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
HCA Healthcare Information Technology Group (ITG) delivers healthcare IT products and services to HCA Healthcare's portfolio of business and partners, including Parallon, HealthTrust and Sarah Cannon.
If you want a career in technology and have a heart for healthcare, apply your expertise to a mission that matters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website