The Senior Manager, Loss Prevention will Identify, design and lead Loss Prevention practices, projects and initiatives that reduce shrink, and improve Associate and customer safety and security. This includes all stages from identification of opportunities using data and good judgement, business case creation, organizational buy-in, solution sourcing/design and store implementation (in partnership with Store Operations)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, coach and develop direct and indirect reports. Empower team members with accountability and ownership. Achieve success through others. Provide clarity around priorities and goals and ensure alignment to Harbor Freight's mission and purpose.
- Identify, design and lead Loss Prevention practices, projects and initiatives that reduce shrink, and improve Associate and customer safety and security. This includes all stages from identification of opportunities using data and good judgement, business case creation, organizational buy-in, solution sourcing/design and store implementation (in partnership with Store Operations)
- Serve as the Project Manager for deployments of Loss Prevention solutions and applications to stores, field leaders and corporate users
- Participate in large, cross-functional initiatives by serving as a subject matter expert for Loss Prevention in stores and distribution centers.
- Prepare and deliver business analysis, proposals, status updates, and other complex information in various formats, including verbal, written, presentation, etc.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with Corporate partners in Legal, Compliance, Finance, IT, HR as well as Field Leaders in Operations, HR and Loss Prevention.
- In partnership with Department leaders and Store Support, assist in the creation and management of the annual budget for Loss Prevention including annual Capital Expenses as well as monthly Operating Expenses.
- Maintain knowledge of retail Loss Prevention best practices, industry connections and subject matter expertise, including internal and external shrink, Organized Retail Crime, and fraud.
- Supervises Staff - Yes
- Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
- Decision Making – Creates policy and resolves problems
- Travel –Up to 20%
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Finance, Criminal Justice or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of loss prevention experience in the retail or hospitality industries, with 3+ years at a leadership level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite inclusive of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Business Acumen: knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information regarding retail data, analytics and business intelligence. Understands the purpose and stakeholders of Harbor Freight practices, policies, procedures and systems.
- Presentation Skills: translates complex data analysis into actionable, understandable material for diverse audiences in all formats, including formal presentations to large and/or senior teams, as well as informal one-on-one updates
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems. Relentless and versatile in the pursuit of creative solutions. Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of problems.
- Managing and Measuring Work: establishes clear objectives and measures for self and others. Monitors and reports on progress and results. Sets benchmarks and ensures accountability.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: able to drive for results while managing changes in priorities/scope. Can quickly adapt to evolving business needs.
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website