Harbor Freight Tools seeks a dynamic, collaborative Human Resources Generalist to assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources functions and duties. The HR Generalist will help support the Human Resources Manager and other department management with HR related matters. The HR Generalist will demonstrate a high level of trust, confidentiality, good judgment and collaboration. The Generalist will work closely with employees, managers and senior leaders of the organization. The ideal candidate understands and has appreciation for the contribution of each and every employee to the company's vision and excellence in execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Using best business judgment, oversee employee relations matters, including employee recognition programs, disciplinary matters, performance improvement plans, and exit interviews, as assigned by the site Human Resources Manager
- Advise employees on company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws as well as company policies and procedures
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Maintain records for mandatory training, continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and disciplinary documentation
- Monitor FMLA and other leaves of absence
- Participate in the design, development and updating of policies and procedures
- Assess and identify process or procedure opportunities and prepare recommendations for improvement
- Analyze and make recommendations based on engagement surveys, exit interviews and other surveys
- Organizational Scope distribution center
- Travel for this position may be up to 10%
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in human resources, psychology, or other business-related discipline
- 4 years' Human Resources experience in a distribution center or manufacturing environment with significant nonexempt populations preferred
- Microsoft Office knowledge intermediate to expert required, power user a plus- MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Experience with ADP and KRONOS strongly preferred
- PHR Certifications preferred
Job Qualifications- Skills
- Must have superior communication skills and be a collaborative, team player
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 25 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website