DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Schedule: Full Time Weekends Only Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 218-bed acute-care hospital located in Panama City, FL. Its 460-member medical staff and more than 1,000 employees work hard to ensure its patients receive the highest quality of care every day. Their efforts have resulted in national accreditations for Chest Pain Center, Total Joint Replacement, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Spine, Stroke and Wound Care. The hospital was named a Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and was awarded an "A" rating by The Leapfrog Group for four consecutive years. The hospital includes a 42-bed critical care wing, which includes a 20-bed adult-level Intensive Care Unit and the region's only four-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and 18-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. POSITION SUMMARY: Patient Transporters are responsible for the safe and expeditious transport of customers and supplies to and from locations throughout the campus. Patient transporters are required to operate and maintain (cleanliness/safety) various types of patient transport systems (beds, specialty chairs, stretchers, and wheelchairs) along with their associated support equipment (e.g., oxygen tanks and regulators, IVs with poles, pumps, bed inflation units, and tubes) in accordance with established procedures. Follows policies and procedures of GCRMC. Participates in the Quality Improvement process and adheres to GCRMC standards of behavior. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Explains the reason and procedure for transport to the patient and/or significant other using terms they will understand.
- Immediately reports any information relayed by the patient and/or companion in regard to abuse.
- Provides for appropriate privacy of patient.
- Assist with patient's safe transfer process, using correct body mechanics and requesting additional help when needed.
- Identifies patient problems and reports occurrences to supervisor through established policies and practices.
- Maintains adequate supply of linens, keeping clean linens on stretchers and stocking all imaging/dressing rooms.
- Keeps wheelchairs, stretchers, and other related equipment and work areas clean and disinfected.
- Confers with nursing staff prior to transporting a patient who is connected to oxygen, cardiac monitor, or any other device.
- Follows established patient safety guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Student Loan Forgiveness
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
And much more!
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- BLS required at hire (through American Heart Association)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reading and comprehension skills
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners' needs.
- Organization, critical thinking, customer relations, and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website