Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in the overall success of the food program. This entails adhering to client's culture and guidelines, OSHA, the Health Department's regulations, and Guckenheimer food quality standards.
This position oversees the daily operational tasks, net menu's recipe execution, production sheets and pars, food purchasing, sanitation, and safety. In addition, the Sous Chef motivates, trains, develops, and directs all employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation
The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Guckenheimer may identify additional responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ from account to account, depending on the business needs and client requirements.
o Kitchen organization and cleanliness provide a safe environment for all employees and guest
o Workplace Safety guidelines, policies, and SOPs are followed daily
o Food Safety guidelines, policies, and SOPs are followed daily
o HACCP guidelines, policies, and SOPs are followed daily
o All internal audit guidelines, policies, and SOPs are followed daily
o Guidelines, policies, and SOPs are followed daily
• Always provide the highest quality of service in accordance with ISS/Guckenheimer and client standards
• Utilize food preparation procedures in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local guidelines and regulations to ensure high quality food service is provided
• Assist Executive Chef with administrative duties including, attendance, human resources and all other timelines as directed
• Monitor and review HACCP logs
• Assemble RTE menu items in accordance with recipes, following core standards for ISS/GEI for presentation, packaging, and labels
• Clean and sanitize work areas and equipment and must follow ISS/Guckenheimer, and government regulatory rules and procedures
• Support management team with taking monthly inventory
• Notify management when there are any concerns with product quantities, food/equipment safety, or any other situation that requires management attention
• Attend all meetings of the day
• Report all accidents and injuries in a timely manner
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Ensure that high quality food items are creatively, well prepared and presented in a cost-effective manner
• Follow Guckenheimer' s food standards guidelines
• Ensure that all products and ingredients that are used are purchased following Guckenheimer' s purchasing standards and sustainability commitments
• Work with the management team to ensure that all display, catering and café service and culinary set up meet specific account standards
• Make sure all kitchen waste is disposed of properly in the most sustainable manner as supported by the client and directed
• Train and supervise staff
• Supervise proper uniform standards following the employee handbook and established account guidelines
• Assist in staff reviews, coaching sessions, and disciplinary actions.
• Ensure that all training standards are met and documented for direct hires
• Represent the company in a courteous, efficient, and professional manner in all customer, client, and employee interactions
• Interact with customers and resolve customer complaints in a friendly and service-oriented manner.
• Communicate with the Client honestly, accurately and in a timely manner. All communication including e-mail is written in a professional and organized manner
• Review weekly participation, making recommendations if there is a noticeable change that may affect food budget or service levels
• Maintain and monitor labor with business forecasts and the budget
• Ensure that food cost meets budgetary goals each week
• Ensure that overall café meets the standards, as well as oversee the daily appearance and upkeep of the Café as directed by client
• Supervise the proper presentation of food
• Adhere to Guckenheimer' s standards of fresh and creative décor; making sure it represents season and the food that is been served
• Edit the daily signage for proper spelling, allergens, and descriptions.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Come to work properly dressed according to the dress code
• Employee must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods
• Work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
• Reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds
• Utilize team lift, transportation carts, and any other means of assistance when dealing with heavy loads
As a global organization, ISS Group is committed to making the international community more resilient and just for all people. We encourage diversity and inclusion in their broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, culture, and educational background.
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Apply on company website