Prep Production Cook
ISS offers a competitive compensation package including Benefits, Paid Time Off.
The Prep Production Cook is responsible for producing visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer standards. You will prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other products as under the direction of the Cook, or Chef, and well as serving customers during meal periods.
● Passion for customer service
● Positive attitude
● Ability to communicate effectively
Ideal Candidate Experience
● Must be able to correctly and safely use standard kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers.
● Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
● Ability to coordinate work with and follow the direction of the chef, or cook.
● Use of food cost control methods.
● Possess ServSafe certification or City/State Food Handler Card
● Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
● Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
● Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
● Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
● Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
● Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
● Follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
● Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
● Must comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
● Work up to 8 hours a day on your feet, excluding breaks.
● Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs.
● Come to work properly dressed according to the dress code.
● Employee must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
● Job requires delivery of hot and cold food to on campus sites using carts and vans.
As a global organization ISS Group is committed to making the international community more resilient and just for all people. We encourage diversity and inclusion in their broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, culture, and educational background. We look to lead our industry by example and positively influence the market wherever we operate.
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Apply on company website