The General Manager is the representative of Guckenheimer. They are responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of their operations within the guidelines established by the client organization as well as the corporation. They are further responsible to provide the highest professional standards possible. They are given the authority necessary to accomplish these objectives.
• To build and grow the account and organization with an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Be able to anticipate client needs, deliver on those needs and exceed expectations.
• Identify opportunities and solve for deficiencies before they become long term issues.
• Ability to adapt and pivot at a moment's notice in a fast paced and demanding environment.
• Being knowledgeable on current trends within the hospitality and food industry.
Key Areas of Collaboration and Influence
• Develop, manage agendas, and lead weekly management team meetings using provided online tools.
• Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and interact with all levels within the organization to help build and speak to the culture of Guckenheimer/ISS.
• Creating and developing relationships with local vendors, other department leads and individuals.
• Managing client and customer relationships.
Ideal Candidate Experience
• Minimum 3 years General Management experience in multi-unit food environment or food service.
• Experience managing a team of management and staff of 50+ employees (hourly and salaried).
• Proven track record of leadership: building, managing, and leading a large culinary and hospitality team composed of hourly and salaried members.
• Positive attitude and dependable under pressure - an excellent role model, motivator and leader.
• Passion for hospitality, innovation and creative experiences.
• Successful coaching and teaching skills with peers, individuals, and teams.
• Creating a culture of food and workplace safety.
• Proven ability to maximize budget, enhance user experience and creativity across all channels in alignment with business strategy.
• Demonstrate good judgement and decision-making skills.
• Working knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Client interaction experience in an informal setting and in formal meetings.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Manager ServSafe Certified or ability to be certified immediately after hire.
• Graduate of an accredited Culinary Institution or Hospitality program preferred.
• Managing within a union environment is preferred.
• To satisfy the needs of the client and customer by providing high quality, cost effective food service that delivers on all core program expectations.
• To develop, in conjunction with Guckenheimer food standard programs, attractive menus meeting the needs of the customers at that location.
• To interview and hire unit staff employees in accordance with corporate, client, Federal, State and local regulations.
• To participate and lead in establishing corporate employee training and development programs as instructed by the Area Manager.
• To maintain accurate and timely accounting and financial records including forecasting, declining budgets, and payroll. Prepare and monitor unit operating budgets in cooperation with client guidance.
• To maintain sanitary and safe operation in accordance with Federal, State and local health regulations. This includes following NSF and HACCP guidelines to prevent food borne illnesses, allergen contamination, and core program expectations.
• To establish effective communication channels with customers and client management which provides a system of feedback on the overall success of the operation. This feedback should lead to the implementation of operational improvements that better meet the needs of both clients and customers.
• Achieve the highest standards in food, utilizing recipes and programs.
• To manage the entire process in the planning of procurement, inventory control, and supply chain activities, ensuring effectively functioning processes.
• Train staff on appropriate ways to build and maintain client and customer relationships that ensure the highest quality of service.
• To supervise, direct and schedule the activities of unit food service personnel following the tradition and values of the Guckenheimer organization.
• Schedule employees and conduct employee meetings.
• Coach employees and conduct performance appraisals.
• Work closely with the Area Manager to review budgets, financials, and unit performance overall.
• Lead and maintain safety as priority for all employees, customers, and clients.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs.
• Come to work properly dressed according to the dress code.
• Employee must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
As a global organization, ISS Group is committed to making the international community more resilient and just for all people. We encourage diversity and inclusion in their broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, culture, and educational background. We look to lead our industry by example and to positively influence the market wherever we operate.
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Apply on company website