$500 Sign On Bonus!
50% paid after 30 days / 50% paid after 60 days
*The New Hire must be employed at the time of the bonus payout.
Executive Sous Chef
The chef will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods to include breakfast, lunch, dinner and special/catered events. This position will be responsible for taste testing, adjusting seasonings as needed, and executing more advanced culinary skills when called upon. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Guckenheimer may identify additional responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ from account to account, depending on the business needs and client requirements.
o Consistent, safe, and delicious food
o Kitchen organization and cleanliness provides a safe environment for all employees and guest
o Workplace Safety guidelines, policies, and SOPs are followed daily
o Food Safety guidelines, policies, and SOPs are followed daily
o HACCP guidelines, policies, and SOPs are followed daily
o All internal audit guidelines, policies, and SOPs are followed daily
o Ability to work safely with large volume culinary equipment including but not limited to slicer, large mixer, robot coupe, steamers, convection ovens, soup kettle and tilting kettles
Ideal Candidate Experience
• Ability to correctly and safely use standard kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation
• Product ordering and receiving
• Menu Planning
• Assisting with food preparation and service in other areas of the kitchen
• Commitment to scratch cooking and healthful foods
• Identify new recipes for use
● Clock in and out for workday and clock in and out during breaks
● Always provide the highest quality of service in accordance with ISS/Guckenheimer and client standards
● Utilize food preparation procedures in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local guidelines and regulations to ensure high quality food service is provided
● Assist Executive Chef and/or Sous Chefs in overseeing production in a specific service area.
● Demonstrates proper cooking techniques, proper cutting techniques and knows culinary units of measure
● Knows basic ingredients and flavor profiles for most popular world cuisines
● Ability to follow and execute NetMenu recipes for preparing, seasoning, tasting, carving, soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food items
● Taste test and adjust seasonings of all recipes prepared to ensure the highest quality of food at the time of service
● Assist Sous Chef with HACCP logs
● Assemble RTE menu items in accordance with recipes, following core standards for ISS/GEI for presentation, packaging, and labels
● Clean and sanitize work areas and equipment and must follow ISS/Guckenheimer, and government regulatory rules and procedures
● Support management team with taking monthly inventory
● Notify management when there are any ingredient discrepancies/availability, food/equipment safety, or any other situation that requires management attention.
● Attend all meetings of the day
● Report all accidents and injuries in a timely manner
● Assist in teaching and training cooks in proper culinary cooking techniques, kitchen equipment training, seasoning and culinary units of measure
● May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
● Maintain a safe and sanitary work station at all times
Physical Demands & Work Environment
● Work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
● Reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds
● Utilize team lift, transportation carts, and any other means of assistance when dealing with heavy loads
● Come to work properly dressed according to the dress code
● Employee must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods
As a global organization, ISS Group is committed to making the international community more resilient and just for all people. We encourage diversity and inclusion in their broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, culture, and educational background. We look to lead our industry by example and to positively influence the market wherever we operate.
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Apply on company website