ISS offers a competitive compensation package including Benefits, Paid Time Off.
Supervise and lead the Operations & Maintenance Department which provides services in a 24/7/365 environment. Be responsible for implementing the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of site maintenance activities. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, as provided including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Take ‘ownership' of - and provide for - the reliability of the Facility. The Chief Engineer also provides O&M for building systems or other facilities as assigned.
- Develop own skill base in line with agreed appraisal, taking responsibility for increased performance, and ensuring continued self-improvement
- Participate and embrace the development opportunities within group
Key Areas of Collaboration and Influence
- Support the team, and report to the Facility Manager
- Communicate effectively with colleagues within the Business Unit and across the company so that information is disseminated effectively and participate in project groups and meetings as required
Ideal Candidate Experience
- 5+ years related technical experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Graduation from program in technical emphasis from a community or regional college
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in O&M and/or building Engineering roles
- Strong knowledge of Work Order Control procedures and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Experience with subcontractor and vendor contract management
- Experience with managing key performance indicators as provided by Facility Manager
- Experience with capacity planning and reporting
- Able to use hand tools, test equipment, and knowledge of maintenance shop practices with previous experience at the Journeyman level (Electrical and Mechanical Equipment systems)
- Must be able to use personal computers, MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Must have knowledge of mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of algebra
- Able to read, analyze, write procedure manuals, and interpret general business periodicals, journals, technical, procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate through cell phone, email, conference calls, texting tools
- Perform supervisory functions common to a facility maintenance and utility plant operations organization
- Review and evaluate performance and ensure quality standards are being met
- Take corrective action to resolve problems
- Understand the Owner's building operations rules for the building(s) under care and as provided by the Account Manager
- Work with Facility Manager to ensure efficient utilization of staff
- Make Task assignments as needed for Work Tickets and Preventative Maintenance Work Orders for the O&M Team
- Solve problems within procedural limitations
- Ensure staff complete PM's and work orders as scheduled each month
- Ensure the Operations & Maintenance Documents (Documents Library) of Drawings, O&M manuals, Site Operators Manual, etc. are up to date and neatly stored and easily and readily retrievable
- Review, edit and maintain SOPS/MOPS/EOPS as appropriate for site operations
- Within the space provided, maintain effective storage and inventory of; spare parts, tools, and service equipment in a neat and orderly manner
- Dispose of broken tools, unusable spare parts, and waste materials associated with the O&M program in accordance with management's instructions
- Coordinate with contractors and vendors as needed for the effective and safe accomplishment of maintenance and project work; This task is to see that contractors and vendors may safely arrive on site, access the facilities properly, be escorted to their work areas, and other safety precautions, with work teams debriefed and safely escorted off site. The preservation of the critical load and the safety of the teams and other site users are top priority
- Provide data for reports as required and other status reports, equipment evaluations or scope of work for outside contractors as needed
- Provide or direct equipment and system operational modifications, such as critical switching, lockout/Tagout, and safe working area set up so that specialty subcontractors may perform assigned or contracted duties while minimizing risk to workers
- Direct the resolution of operational and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Assist in obtaining and evaluating subcontractor and vendor quotes, for site or facility projects.
- Assist the Facility Manager by ensuring all assigned employees are aware of and comply with Company, government and client policies, procedures, and regulations
- Available for 24/7 work and emergency corrective maintenance/action activities
- Comply with all Corporation, and EHS requirements and programs, as provided
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- On call 24/7 work environment
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and/ or carry minimum 50lbs
- Ability to bend, squat, stand, walk, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch/crawl daily
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
As a global organization, ISS Group is committed to making the international community more resilient and just for all people. We encourage diversity and inclusion in their broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, culture, and educational background. We look to lead our industry by example and to positively influence the market wherever we operate.
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Apply on company website