Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
We are seeking a Lighting Quotation Specialist to join our Gexpro team in Albany, NY!
What You Will Be Doing:
• Prepare lighting product quotes.
• Quoting product prices, delivery specifications and payment terms and offering substitute products where appropriate.
• Makes independent pricing decisions that determine the profitability of orders and accounts.
• Generates product and price quotes as required.
• Establishes and maintains customer relationships, communicates with customers and co-workers to provide technical information.
• Participates in product meetings, seminars, and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
• Gains familiarity of the day-to-day operations of the business and participates in improving operations by offering potential alternatives to existing methods.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring To Rexel:
• Positive attitude
• High school diploma with minimum 5 years in project quotations and/or project management with lighting and switchgear products.
• Extensive industry and product knowledge
• Ability to review all aspects of specialized projects and contracts to maximize profit by providing oversight on project quotes to minimize delays, mistakes, cost overruns, and suffering a financial loss on the project.
• Ability to review project blueprints and identify fixtures and products needed for successful quoting of projects.
• Use of good judgment and discretion to independently quote products for projects financial loss.
• Ability to successfully use independent judgment to approve quotes, bids, and changes up to $500,000 without higher approval.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to drive decisions with influence.
• Product and application knowledge essential.
• Qualified applicants must be customer oriented and motivated with excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills.
• Intermediate/advanced computer skills, specifically with Excel/Outlook/Word/Adobe
• Strong relationships with key market vendors and customers
• Ability to make independent pricing decisions.
• Ability to read a single line diagram and/or lighting figure schedule
• Able to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated track record of successful project quotations
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
What Rexel Offers You:
• Salary plus incentive pay
• Vacation, Sick and Personal time off, plus paid Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
• 401(k) Plan
• Leadership Development Programs
• Ongoing training and development
• Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability
• Company-paid Life Insurance
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
“Rexel USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor), and its affiliated companies, is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.”
Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Rexel USA is a VEVRAA federal contractor and an EEO/AA employer. (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with a Disability) We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued, treated with dignity and respect, and empowered to do their best work. If you encounter difficulty using our online application system due to disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 739-3547
Nearest Major Market: Albany
Apply on company website