What if you could lead a school where every classroom is just one student and just one teacher?
Start Date for this role - Target Sept 1, 2021
Teaching Begins - January 2022
The Head of School serves as the leader and director of the Fusion Academy campus. The HOS will assist with the school start-up as necessary, ongoing activities, and student recruitment, and is directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and outcomes of the school. We are seeking positive, confident, entrepreneurial, and energetic self-starters to lead this Fusion Academy location.
You're most likely a fit if:
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where “everything is possible” but resources can sometimes be scarce.
- You're passionate about developing people and feel successful when your team drives results.
- Compassion and communication are at the heart of your style.
- Your values align with ours: Excellence, Passion, Innovation, and Courage.
- We also believe in: "It's That Important!" We understand that what we do has a tremendous impact on students. We cannot wait. We cannot settle. We cannot quit. It's that important!
This probably isn't for you if:
- You are uncomfortable being accountable for quantitative results.
- You have little to no experience managing or motivating a high EQ team.
- You have little to no experience working in a highly relational environment where inspiration, relationships, and persuasion are more important than the hard sell.
- You struggle to synthesize information into a coherent strategy and plan.
- You aren't passionate about the mission, issues, people, or ideas that support our mission.
Here's Some of Your Day to Day:
- Select enthusiastic and competent staff and teachers who possess the requisite subject-area expertise and an ability to prepare students to be highly competitive in high school and beyond.
- Represent the school to all relevant audiences to begin building a list of potential students to open the school. Have a solid grasp of the school's features and can articulate them convincingly.
- Create and lead a school culture that maintains a focus on a positive student experience, academic results, and collaboration.
- Develop and lead a system for the ongoing evaluation of teacher performance that expects measurable results, supports improvement, and rewards achievement.
- Develop and manage a system of collaborative faculty analysis of student performance results that ensure a data-driven instructional strategy.
- Refine and direct the school's academic program.
- Implement the school's academic offerings in coordination with the FEG curriculum model.
- Ensure alignment of curricular standards with required school-based testing.
- Create ways to monitor and improve student learning; support and implement a tracking system that allows teachers, the HOS, and parents to know what standards students have mastered and those for which further work is required.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the school achieves accreditation from the appropriate educational institutions.
Lead and direct the school's admissions program
- Lead the admissions process.
- Manage documents, data, and applicants effectively and timely.
- Understand the characteristics of a successful school visit and develop a welcoming atmosphere.
- Expand the applicant pool with open houses and appropriate marketing.
- Conduct intakes with parents and incoming students.
- Effectively lead the re-enrollment process; create strategies for retention and to prevent attrition.
- Identify barriers to full enrollment.
Take ownership of all functions of the school
- Manage all aspects of the school, including budgets, managing costs, revenue targets, and reporting on specific metrics.
- Be available for parents and students to address any of their questions or issues.
- Provide consistent communication both within the school and with all stakeholders.
- Provide consistent, compassionate customer service to parents, students, and referral sources.
What you bring to the team:
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated successful leadership experience and deep respect for teaching and learning
- Excitement for alternative or non-traditional education systems
- Master's Degree or Doctoral Degree preferably in Education, Business or Organizational Development
- Experience interacting directly with a variety of stakeholders
- Culture building, team creation, and inspirational leadership experience
- A passion for delivering mastery-based education to students with learning differences, including social and emotional differences.
- Experience managing a budget, financial reporting, and tracking specific metric performance
- A demonstrated track record of success, career progression, and increased responsibilities
- A passionate belief that students achieve the highest academic standards when there are appropriate school processes & procedures.
Management & Leadership
- Managerial, program development, and leadership experience in an educational school setting.
- People management experience, including:
- Ability to recruit and lead a professional staff.
- Experience with providing professional development and mentoring
- Strong ability to create and maintain a workplace culture
- Ability to drive the overall success and best represent Fusion core values resulting in the recognition of staff.
- Visionary leadership that can articulate the value of Fusion.
- A focus on collaboration, with agility in balancing varying points of view in the process of decision making.
- Accept ownership and take responsibility for achieving specific metrics of success.
- A passion for serving students.
- Personal motivation and passionate about achieving goals and deadlines.
- Persuasive communication skills, with a strong customer focus.
- Ability to quickly build relationships.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and create harmony.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility.
- High energy and tenacity.
- Highly organized with effective time management skills.
- Base salary is competitive. In addition to base salary, Fusion Heads of School are eligible for performance bonuses for KPI performance.
- Fusion offers Heads of School a full range of benefits including vacation and holiday pay, health, dental, 401K, basic life & AD&D insurance, and long term disability insurance.
- Additional information about Fusion Academy is available at www.fusionacademy.com
- Please visit us on YouTube! Search: Fusion Academy
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
Apply on company website