SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.both located in Destin.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and of FWBMC.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Responsible for daily availability of supplies and equipment specific to specialty coordination with the OR Materials Coordinator, SPD Supervisor, CSS and/or Director.
- Coordinates and maintains instrument trays to assure they are available and in good repair.
- Responsible for restocking and maintaining standard stock of supplies; coordinates ordering with OR Materials Coordinator or SPD Supervisor.
- Responsible for assuring physician preference cards are current in computer database.
- Maintains current knowledge base of changing equipment technologies, and techniques within their specialty area.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your benefits include:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Graduated from LPN training program preferred or
· Graduated from ST training program preferred
· BLS within 90 days of hire required
· LPN Licensure in Florida required for LPN
· Surgical Technologist Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Previous scrubbing experience preferred
· Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
· Knowledge of body substance isolation
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles
· Video equipment set up/troubleshooting skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website