As Warehouse Manager you will charged with maintaining control of the branch's inventory accuracy, including daily cycle counts, part number to paperwork matching and resolution of any discrepancies. You will also be very involved with shipping which will involve receiving and verifying incoming parts, maintaining stock areas, packaging and preparing materials for shipment, loading outgoing shipments onto trucks and providing general support to production areas.
- Understand, process and maintain accurate inventory levels through daily cycle counting and updating the information onto Excel.
- Receive goods into the computer system and ensure proper distribution of the product while maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Store items in bins, shelves or other specified locations; record as prescribed and maintain stock.
- Work directly with vendors, other branch Warehouse Mangers and Branch Management to resolve any incoming inventory discrepancies, as well as working directly with customers to resolve any issues with outbound shipments.
- Work directly with sales team and customers to provide shipments packaged and labeled to their individual specifications and shipping product when requested to support the customer's ‘Just in Time' manufacturing needs.
- Work with sales team to control paperwork process for all customer returned goods.
- Work with sales team, vendors and accounting department to control paperwork process for all vendor returned goods.
- Maintain part number bin locations with monthly monitoring and computer system updates.
- Work with management team to respond to other branch's request for inventory specifically stocked for our branch's customers.
- Work from shipping papers, bill of lading, packing slips, work orders and written and verbal instructions.
- Use hand carts, mobile pallet jacks and motorized forklifts to safely transport and load/unload parts and materials. Exercise proper care and use of equipment and materials.
- Perform warehouse duties in all areas of the warehouse as assigned or directed.
- Maintain all work areas in a neat and orderly condition. Detect and report all faulty equipment, defective materials, improper operations and unusual conditions to a supervisor. Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Load, unload and secure loads when transporting materials on an open bed truck and/or trailer.
- Pulling correct parts and delivering them to different assembly areas for production, while maintaining quantitative accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years of warehouse experience.
- General knowledge or training in shipping, counting and checking of product
- Basic math calculations and the ability to read, write and understand work instructions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend and lift up to 40 lbs. regularly.
- A working knowledge of warehouse systems and processes.
- Customer Service experience including contact via phone and email.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- Experience and knowledge in the use of PCs and the ability to learn software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
As the world's largest fluid power distributor, the Applied Fluid Power® network of companies provide dedicated fluid power support and custom designed solutions that meet customer performance goals and keep industry running. Capabilities include system integration, manifold design, machining and assembly, electronic controls, fabrication, fluid filtration, programming, high speed hose assembly, engineering, repair services, and more. Additionally, Applied Fluid Power® has one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics to assist with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting, and other custom requirements.
Applied Fluid Power® is a part of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT), a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website