*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description The Quality Engineer will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL. In this position, you will maintain quality engineering programs, standards and improvements within the organization.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Devise sampling procedures and design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devise methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Direct workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability.
- Compile and write training material and conduct training sessions on quality control activities.
- Support multi-disciplined manufacturing team with customer interfaces as necessary on quality related issues.
- Assure data availability and integrity for all quality related data. Consolidate and report quality results.
- Initiate corrective action requests as needed and track to satisfactory completion.
- Assist with development and implementation of quality audits.
- Responsible for developing, applying, revising and maintaining quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished products.
- Design and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or production equipment.
- Analyze reports and returned products and recommend corrective action.
- Establish program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Approve product, process and equipment qualifications Provide liaison to various regulatory bodies.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment with a demonstrated Quality focus (automotive, aerospace, or pharmaceutical).
- Competencies in automation equipment troubleshooting and electro-mechanical engineering experience/knowledge.
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Engineering within a high-volume, automated manufacturing environment with a focus in SMT manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing batch records.
- Experienced in corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) and non-conforming material evaluation, investigation and disposition.
- Represent the organization to customers on quality issues, handle and resolve customer complaints and SCARs.
- Troubleshooting, diagnostics and the ability to train others.
- Demonstrate advanced operations, technical and people and/or process skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills.
- Solid knowledge of GMP, GDP, PFMEA and Control Plans
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- A demonstrated working knowledge of ISO 13485:9001, FDA, Medical Devices – Quality Systems and standards.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website