*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
Mirror Controls international (MCi), a Flex company, is the global market leader in mirror glass and power-folding actuators. Currently MCi is expanding its product portfolio to other Automotive actuation solutions such as Active Aerodynamics & Motor cooling management.
We are currently looking for a Product Designer based in Woerden, NL. As part of a team your main responsibility is to work on the design of our actuators including the review and development of existing drafts as well as adding innovative and technically justified own ideas. If you describe yourself as creative, communicative, have persistent high standards for quality and want to become part of a successful international company, we would love to have you as part of our team.
Flex is the manufacturing partner of choice that helps a diverse customer base design and build products that improve the world. Through the collective strength of a global workforce across 30 countries and responsible, sustainable operations, Flex delivers technology innovation, supply chain, and manufacturing solutions to various industries and end markets.
Create the extraordinary:
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Design and detailed modeling of precise mechanical actuators based on specifications set within the project with the aid of 3D CAD tools.
- Participating in multidisciplinary project teams as a point of contact with regards to product design.
- Work together with model makers and test engineers on documenting, analyzing and reporting test results.
- Oversee the relevant verification and validation processes.
- Supervise co-development processes with suppliers in consultation with SQE and SRM.
- Advise in technical questions from our customers as subject matter expert.
- Support the research team in the development of new concepts.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Demonstrated prior experience in industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Robotics or similar
- A sound technical basis, technical understanding and experience with 3D CAD tools (PTC Creo would be ideal)
- Understanding of and ideally experience with finite element method (FEA / FEM) and failure mode analysis. (FMEA)
- Experience with plastic design and plastic material properties, ideally an understanding of molds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- A good knowledge of Excel and a talent for communicating and presenting concepts to other people
Here Are a Few Of Our Preferred Experiences
- Bachelor/Master degree in the relevant field (such as Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automotive Engineering)
- Experience in systems design engineering
- Ideally previous experience designing (electro-) mechanical actuators
- Proficient user of MS Office, MS Project as well as 3D CAD software
- Experience working with automotive standards and quality tools (IATF 16949, DFMEA, etc.) or other highly regulated industries
- Creative, team player, innovative mind mixed with analytical thinking and attention to detail
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- 27 PTO and 13 ATV days
- 8% holiday pay
- A bonus plan
- Discount on several insurances
- 50/50 pension contribution
BT09 / #LI-BT1Job Category Design & Technology
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website