*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Material Handler will be based in Memphis, TN. Responsible for administering warehouse material movement and audit requiring accuracy and timeliness. Overseeing all warehouse activities, including put away and picking materials or goods, maintaining inventory levels and accuracy and adhere to safety and policy standards and procedures.
We are looking for someone who is…
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Works from requisition, order list or stock list to pull required items.
- Uses a checklist as items are pulled to ensure kit accuracy.
- Accumulates orders, reports shortages and transports completed orders to distribution point or staging area.
- Processes returned items and unscheduled issues.
- Compiles and maintains inventory of material received, stocked, and issued.
- Prepares requests for procurement of material.
- Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift.
- Examines, stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Take inventory of stored items through cycle counting.
- May audit kits for accuracy
- Creates, updates, executes, and analyzes inventory cycle count reports.
- Research and corrects bin discrepancies in warehouse.
- Monitors the accuracy of inventory and transactions; investigates and takes necessary steps to solve accuracy problems and meet the strategic goal for inventory accuracy.
- Report daily discrepancies to Inventory Control and propose solution for improvement.
- Ensures warehouse is maintained in an efficient, neat and safe manner.
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Ability to develop and carry out policies and procedures.
- Effective and professional demeanor when engaging customers.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse safety, productivity quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolving problems and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains accurate inventory and perform transaction vs physical audits and reconciling variances.
- Responds to inquiries about quantities on hand.
- Audits inventory location system. Brings problems to the attention of the Inventory Specialists, Receiving Specialists or the production Leads / Supervisor / Manager.
- Monitors and reconciles the differences between Physical Inventory On-Hand and Systems for accuracy.
- Maintains the Inventory Accuracy database and generates accuracy reports to Management.
- Assists with the coordination and disposition of excess and obsolete inventory following approval process.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, using all approved safety equipment as instructed.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with all department employees.
- Able to work independently and must be self-driven.
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned
Here is some of what you'll need…
- High school education with at least 8 years of experience in warehouse and Inventory control or Bachelor's degree in related field + 2 years experience in Inventory control
- Good analytical, problem solving, planning, and independent decision-making skills are required
- Experience in warehouse/manufacturing environment.
- Good Excel Skills
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, and lifting.
- Ability to operate fork lift equipment or acquire fork lift certification in the first 30days on the job.
- Prior Warehouse and manufacturing experience is required
- Inventory and cycle counting experience.
- Result and deadline Oriented with good organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employee, management and customer.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in ERP systems like Atlas, Oracle, SAP, BaaN, Red Prairie etc.
- Basic and hands on Excel skills is preferred.
- Basic presentation skills using Ms Office (Power Point)
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
Apply on company website