*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Material Handler will be based in Memphis, TN. Responsible for performing the physical or combined administrative/physical tasks involved in the storing, counting, and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Compiles and maintains records of quantity, cost and type of material stocked and issued, and prepares material requisitions.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Works from requisition, order list or stock list to pull required items.
- Uses a checklist as items are pulled to ensure kit accuracy.
- Accumulates orders, reports shortages and transports completed orders to distribution point or staging area.
- Processes returned items and unscheduled issues.
- Compiles and maintains inventory of material received, stocked, and issued.
- Prepares requests for procurement of material.
- Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift.
- Examines, stocks, and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Take inventory of stored items through cycle counting.
- May audit kits for accuracy.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- A self-starter who can work independently
- At least 2 years of warehouse experience with focus on quality work
- Strong leadership skills
- Good computer skills and data entry experience
- Must be good with math
- Must follow standard work procedures
- Must have good communication with co-workers and customers
- Must be detail oriented
- Must collaborate and give instruction to subordinates
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Forklift and rider experience
- Ability to read color coding and schematics
- Experience with MRP systems
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
FH73Job Category Global Procurement & Supply Chain Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
Apply on company website