At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The Master Planner Scheduler will be based in South Lake City, UT. Responsible for working with the materials and planning teams in order to ensure on-time and efficient deliveries of final product, with zero downtime.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Ensure efficiency in scheduling with CTB (Clear to Build) utilization
- Liaise between the Material Account Manager and Program Teams on demand management
- Work closely with production personnel on accountabilities and productivity issues.
- Plan efficient transaction of process with production personnel to ensure zero downtime
- Ensure smooth transaction of manufacturing process to raw materials
- Develop strategies and liaise with operational teams on capacity & equipment utilization
- Work closely with operations to ensure smooth flow from raw material to final goods stage.
- Use knowledge and experience of process flow to provide a useful resource to Materials on ERP and business system issues
- Provide training to staff members as required
- Report key metrics as required
- Demand Management
- Evaluation/Comparison of Customer Forecast/PO versus previous Forecast/PO, and submit findings to CFT
- Communicate Customer Demand Changes to CFT
- Convert Customer Forecast/PO into Master Production Schedule in Baan
- Ensure Alignment in Baan of Forecast to MPS Orders (including Customer Purchase/EDI Orders – as defined per each account)
- Validate MPS to Reflect Daily Shipments
- Review Work Order Schedule when requested by PC or CFT, and adjust where required
- Maintain MPS Order Planning Horizon
- Adjust Product/Assembly lead-time per PE direction
- Prepare and circulate weekly MPS Load reports to CFT
- Forecast Change Simulation Analysis
- Generate “What-If” Assessment Package and Kinaxis reports and circulate to CFT for assessment and approvals
- Ensure Closed-Loop feedback from CFT members to facilitate timely MPS load adjustments
- Provide “Best Can-Do” reports to CFT for Submittal to Customer which facilitates the Customer Forecast Acceptance
- Attend and participate in CFT meetings as required
- Support preparations of QBR Data package with demand trend and change analysis and charts.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Minimum 5 years' experience in similar position in electronics planning materials
- Detail Oriented and excellent organization skills
- Excel: reports, pivot (macros is a plus)
- Strong understanding of ERP systems and functions
- Self- starter & Problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Analytic, motivated.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Leadership skills
- Demand & Manufacturing experience
- Electronics nice to have
- Communication skills
- Planning, Kinaxis is a plus
- Material planning experience.
- Excess and obsolete inventory.
- Production control knowledge.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
KT36Job Category Global Procurement & Supply Chain Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website