*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician will be based in Columbia, SC, and will support the engineering and operations team at the Flex Columbia site. The ME Tech will complete daily work on the production floor as needed to ensure our products are produced safely, at the highest quality and on time.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- The ME Technician will fabricate and assemble mechanical components or assemblies for industrial equipment, machinery and power equipment.
- Provide technical support in the development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods.
- Will be responsible for identifying and implementing manufacturing process improvements to improve productivity, workmanship and overall quality of the product.
- Will support implementing manufacturing procedures per customer specifications ECN-Engineering Change Notices.
- Will develop, organize and update manufacturing work areas, material flow, documentation and system setups for new products and features.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- 2 Year Associates Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology or in Mechatronics Technology
- Individual must be a quick learner and be effective at working in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to perform job assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience in MSWord, Excel and Web based tools such as Frontpage and HTML
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Lean Green Belt Certification
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
FH73Job Category OperationsRelocation: Not eligible Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
Apply on company website