*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
In our Design Center in Stuttgart, our team creates technologies for the Automotive Market. Our portfolio includes DC/DC Converters, Recuperation modules, Overhead Consoles, Smart Control Units as well as internal and external lighting applications.
Strengthening our team, you would get to
- Work for the big Automotive OEMs such as Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, Porsche and VW
- Work in a fast, supportive, stable, inventive team in a modern, high-quality environment
- Experience and become a member of our innovative and agile team
- Share with us your ideas - we are looking forward to hearing from you
For our Design Center team in Filderstadt, we are currently looking for a
Component Engineer Mechanics
being responsible for providing technical solutions and leadership to meet project and product targets regarding design and quality in time and budget. The position requires to provide technical expertise and assistance to customer and sales team, support of supplier development, supplier readiness and improvement activities in order to achieve competitive the cost, delivery, response, service and quality requirements for Flex.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Provision of technical expertise and assistance to assigned projects from the opportunity to the start of production +3 months
- Responsibility to consider statutory provisions (e.g. ECE, SAE, etc.) in the development of the product
- Responsibility for conducting Design Reviews, thus, ensuring feasibility
- Responsibility to conduct or oversee simulations and evaluating the results (e.g. tolerance analysis, DMU, FEM, CFD, etc.)
- Application of control systems, reports, which accurately measure progress, identify potential technical problems and implement timely corrective actions to ensure that commitments are met based on prevention rather than curing
- Ensuring that systems developed are robust and able to pass all Design Verification Test(s) ideally the first time
- Provision of technical support to customer, project management, business development, quote team and global design centers.
- Facilitation and identification of opportunities for the redesign or component substitution to provide cost reduction, reliability and quality improvement.
- Provision of technical backup for alternate sourcing recommendations, such as identifying relevant specification differences and board design changes required and providing the interface with the supplier's design team.
- Collaboration with component suppliers, development engineers, and manufacturing.
- Application of written specifications, performance requirements and quality inspection criteria.
- Provision of technical support to other Flex Design Centers and different market segments as needed to resolve manufacturing problems of moderate scope related to component performance, component handling requirement & process, or internal/customer issues
- Participation as a presenter or reviewer in technical reviews and customer meetings
Here is some of what you'll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is required
- Master´s or MBA degree in mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Firm in CAD-Systems Catia V5 and / or Siemens NX
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing automotive applications
- Broad experience in mechanical design and component development,
design process, production process, materials and related calculations
- Demonstration of advanced technical skills in mechanical engineering
as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills
- Exercising independent judgement in the development of a product using
defined automotive procedures and policies; will propose/provide input to
defining methods, standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to Travel is required - up to 15 % international and domestic travel
- Good communication and written skills in English
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Automotive product creation process in accordance with VDA
- Experience in the design of car interior components/ automotive products, incl. full system design
- Experience in solving complex development tasks independently and efficiently, within processes
- Experience in working in a cross-functional team and with internal and external customers
- Fluent German in written and spoken form
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
KS15Job Category Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website