*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Automation Technician (Night Shift) will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL. The Automation Technician is responsible for the maintenance and technical support of automated and semi-automated manufacturing solutions for a high-volume consumer products application.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Maintain continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing, or modifying automation/robotic system components.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and components and return to serviceability.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance actions on all subsystems and related components.
- Perform preventative maintenance of robotic and process support equipment.
- Understanding of PLCs.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings.
- Proper use of power tools and measuring equipment.
- Strong awareness of safety.
- Analyzes engineering test results and implements changes to resolve problems.
- Assist automation team in the qualification process of automated systems.
- Records procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or method.
- Maintains software, documentation and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications.
- Assists engineers in developing and designing hardware and software required for all automation solutions per specifications.
- Trains other technicians and operators on products, processes, and equipment.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- 3+ years of experience in a technical, hands-on manufacturing support role.
- SMT experience
- Mechanical and electrical experience.
- Strong foundational understanding of PLCs and logic.
- Strong understanding of automated manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Previous experience maintaining and repairing high-speed robotics and production experience required.
- Ability to monitor the process and show an awareness of issues and demonstrate corrective actions to address those issues.
- Well versed in the use of precision measuring devices and inspection tools
- Proper usage of power tools and measuring equipment.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Experience maintaining equipment within a clean room environment is strongly desired.
- Experience with a high-volume manufacturing of medical device, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, or electronics application.
- Previous experience with automated injection molding equipment.
- Previous experience in an FDA-regulated facility.
- Prior experience maintaining vision systems strongly desired.
- Prior experience maintaining Nordson glue systems strongly desired.
- Prior experience maintaining Fanuc Robots strongly desired.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
AM31Job Category Operations
RelocationEligible for domestic relocation only Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website