Work Status Details: Part Time Benefit Eligible | 48.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: Two 12 hour shifts/week and every third weekend
Department: ICU-IMCU | Reports To: RN Manager-ICU
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by providing all people with exemplary medical services in an environment of love and care.
The registered nurse (RN) is a professional nurse under the supervision and direction of the department manager/director. The RN works within the state defined scope of practice and adheres to department and hospital policies/procedures and regulatory requirements.
The Intensive/Intermediate Care RN utilizes nursing process for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patients. The care delivered is individualized and goal directed. The RN is responsible for the supervision of delegated tasks. The RN works cohesively and collaboratively with providers and other interdisciplinary health care team members to provide high quality and safe care.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Each unit/job is unique and may include other tasks or duties that are specific to the unit and will be included as part of orientation. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates ability to appropriately modify approach and procedures to meet needs of age/diversity of population served for the following age groups:
☐ Neonate (birth – 28 days)
☐ Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
☒ Pediatric/Child (1 year – 12 years)
☒ Adolescent (12 years – 18 years)
☒ Adult (18 years – 65 years)
☒ Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Incorporates cultural considerations in the provisions of care.
- Knowledge of growth and developmental stages.
- Considers life changes/effects on health beliefs and behaviors.
- Provides necessary safety measures.
- Provides information and involves family/caregiver in decision making.
RNs assigned to direct patient care:
- Conducts individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient's immediate condition or needs within the timeframe specified by policy.
- Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by patient condition and policy and reprioritizes care accordingly.
- Develops and updates the plan of care throughout the patient stay ensuring that is individualized and reflects collaboration with other health care team members.
- Identifies patient/family discharge planning needs upon admission.
- Performs appropriate treatments including medication administration per physician order and per policy in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reports patient concerns and condition changes to the provider in a timely manner.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions in line with the plan of care.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to patient and family needs.
- Documents all nursing cares and education accurately and timely in the electronic health record.
- Documents response to nursing cares and education accurately and timely in the electronic health record.
- Delegates and supervises appropriate patient care.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to patient and family diversity, preserving autonomy, dignity, and rights.
- Actively participates and involves the patient and family in handoffs and bedside shift report and relates pertinent patient information.
- Responds appropriately, professionally, with composure and confidence during emergencies and stressful situations.
2. Performs all responsibilities/duties of the Intensive/Intermediate Care RN. Department and/or Role Specific duties include:
- Performs technical aspects of patient care according to established policies and procedures
- Recognizes and facilitates treatment of life threatening arrhythmias
- Measures and interprets invasive hemodynamic parameters
- Coordinates emergency measures to address life threatening situations
- Administers, titrates and evaluates the effectiveness of vasoactive drug infusion therapy.
3. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains current competency by attending unit and hospital based educational offerings either in person or online.
- Actively engages in unit activities and team meetings and attends required meetings.
- Demonstrates active engagement in department activities and evidence-based initiatives.
- Demonstrates dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of the department and hospital.
- Demonstrates willingness to float to other units as needed.
- Accepts assignment of preceptor for new staff.
- Accepts responsibility for mentoring healthcare students.
- Ensures the quality and safety of the patients and staff if serving in a relief charge nurse role.
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current Registered Nurse (RN) license or temporary permit from the State of Nebraska required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) obtained within one full month from date of hire required.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) obtained within one year from date of hire required.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) obtained within one year from date of hire required.
Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) obtained within six full months from date of hire required.
Previous clinical experience preferred.
Language Skills – Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language required.
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply on company website