Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity. The I&E Technician Trainee is an opportunity for an individual to obtain the training and experience necessary to become a qualified I&E Technician. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be assigned to a location within the Company to undergo orientation and training for a period that is normally 9-24 months in preparation for a future I&E Technician position.
- Participate in various training courses.
- Receive on-the-job training; working along side various plant and/or pipeline personnel.
- The training will address troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, installing, repairing, and operating the electrical systems in the facilities and pipelines; including pneumatic, electric and hydraulic control systems and devices; electrical power generation and distribution systems and facility safety systems.
- It will also address safety procedures, regulatory requirements, handling of hazardous and highly volatile materials, and various other systems that are related to the natural gas plant and pipeline industry.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Covid vaccine required.
- Vocational-technical certificate or an Associates degree in Electronics and Instrumentation or related field is required.
- Comparable or equivalent training received while in the Military may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have experience in basic computer use including the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and email software.
- Previous experience with, and knowledge of, preventive and corrective maintenance of various types of equipment is desired.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Will be a great team player who interacts effectively with co-workers, customers and the public, whether in a group or in independent cooperative activities.
- Must be accountable and self-driven to learn, and to continuously develop and improve his/her skills through both formalized and on-the-job training.
- Must be willing and able to perform essential functions of this position in an outdoor environment under variables such as in-climate weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, wind, and precipitation), variable heights, and unstable terrain.
- Must be able to demonstrate, through previous job experience, training, and activities, his or her ability to understand the operation of and repair of various mechanical and technical equipment or systems.
- Must be able to quickly learn and become proficient with new skills, technologies, procedures and processes.
- Following procedures and performing job functions in a safe and efficient manner is core to this and all positions in the Technician Trainee Program.
Apply on company website