As pharmacy support personnel, the Certified Pharmacy Technician shall work under the supervision of a pharmacist and shall not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a pharmacist. The Senior Pharmacy Tech will assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care to individual patients; implementing the purchasing of pharmaceuticals, devices and supplies; preparing, dispensing, distributing and administering medications; implementing systems to assess and improve the quality of pharmacy products and services.
Location: Englewood, NJ
Shift: 8 hours/Day shift
- Restocks automated dispensing machine as per departmental procedure.
- Prepares parenteral antineoplastic and cytoxic medications using proper manipulative technique, protective equipment and materials.
- Answers questions or information requests that have one definitive answer and do not require a pharmacist's professional judgment.
- Maintains and manages pharmaceutical inventory of assigned pharmaceuticals.
- As assigned, prepare daily purchase order of pharmaceuticals for review by supervisor.
- Performs clerical work associated with the IV Admixture Services such as calculations and workload statistics.
- Undertakes quality improvement projects as assigned. Collects data for drug usage evaluations and other initiatives pertaining to medications use processes as assigned.
- Coordinates orientation program for new pharmacy technicians. Maintains national technician certification.
- High School diploma or GED plus Technical Schooling.
- Current certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
- NJ Registered Pharmacy Technician
Englewood Health requires all newly hired team members to provide either (a) documentation of Covid-19 vaccination, or (b) documentation of receipt of Covid-19 vaccination dose #1 prior to hire date, and to complete the series within the prescribed schedule for the particular vaccination. If pursuant to option (b), a candidate is not fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work, documentation must be presented upon completion of the series as a condition of employment. A pre-employment candidate may request an exemption due to the candidate's bona fide religious belief or disability, and any offer of employment will be conditioned upon approval of the request.
Apply on company website